Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hot Topic Poll: Was it right to fire her?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 8:55 AM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Was it right to fire the coach?

Options:

Yes, she should be a role model

Maybe, I'm conflicted

No, these parents were just bitter about their daughters getting the cut

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

Carlie Christine

A California cheerleading coach was fired after it was reportedly discovered that she bared it all for Playboy.

Carlie Christine, was Playboy's 'Cyber Girl of the Week' in February. 

It's been reported that it was the parents of cheerleaders who were cut from the Casa Robles High School squad who complained to school administrators. These parents allegedly found the shots and provided copies to the principal.

Was it right to fire her?  Should the school have been more proactive versus reacting to parental backlash?  Do you think the school would've fired her regardless?

< The Cafe Group Admin Team

Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
che_bad
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 9:01 AM

so it's ok for these people to look at playboy, but the people modling for playboy are somehow less moral? doesn't make sense.

should she have been fired? depends on if there was a (morality) clause in her contract staing that she could loose her job for such actions. she did nothing illeagle or wrong.

CharmaineL
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 9:10 AM

That's a good point - to see whether there was a legal basis for doing so.  It does sound like the parents were bitter, but on the other hand, is there a line that should be drawn when it comes to those who work with kids and what one does outside of school hours?  I'm not sure.

sarcasm

Katie911
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Okay she was a role model.  BUT......if it was not for angry parents who thought their daughters should not have been cut from the team, there would not be a problem.  And I think it is more wrong that these parents are looking at Playboy and then deciding to turn her in.  She did not do the photo shoot at the school or on school hours.  It was a her personal time and she should not be punished for hit.

Junebug926
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 9:55 AM

No, I don't think it was right for them to fire her. It is not illegal for her to pose in playboy so it truly is none of the school's business what she did in her past. These girls wouldn't even had known about these pictures if the asshole parents wouldn't have thrown a fit. It isn't like she's out there preaching wild sex to these kids, etc. Shame on these parents.

momagain4321
by Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 10:09 AM

I am surprised....My daughter is a cheerleader and really looks up to her coaches. I wouldnt want my daughter to think it is ok for her to pose naked in a magazine for all the world to see. I try to make sure she is making the right choices in life. Especially at an age where all the girls are thinking about sex this is one more way to show something like that is ok.

Yes she is an adult and can do as she pleasee but if she is coaching young teens this is definately not the right choice. It says lets sell ourselves, it's ok to get paid for taking your clothes off.

Maybe in the future schools should put something like this in a contract for all personal. No posing nude or any other bad decision that could make a bad impression on the kids they are in contact with.

christina0607
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Everything you do has a consequence. Why do people think otherwise? She worked at a highschool, there are certain values she is going to have to uphold if she wants to work at that job. Getting naked on the internet is obviously beyond those values.

Mommy_Jenn
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Quoting Cafe GroupAdmin:

Was it right to fire her?  Should the school have been more proactive versus reacting to parental backlash?  Do you think the school would've fired her regardless?

< The Cafe Group Admin Team

I voted no.  It wasn't right to fire her at all, something like that shouldn't be such a big deal.  The school should have definately been more proactive and should have stayed away from the pissed off parents of teens that were cut from the squad.. Honestly... Thats a low blow and obviously these parents were looking for dirt on her.  It seems like the school probably wouldn't have fired her otherwise.

To me, there is nothing wrong what so ever about posing nude.. If a woman is proud of her body let her show it off.  Our country has this big issue being prude and IMO that's why we have such a high sex offender/rape/molestation rate in this country. 

This woman did not go around to her students boasting that she has done work for playboy.

sweetie00
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:09 PM

"parents of cheerleaders who were cut from the Casa Robles High School squad who complained..."

Sounds like a case of sore loser.......IMO ---NO she should not have been fired. That is her private life. I don't feel it has any affect on her coaching.

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:13 PM

No because she didnt have both jobs at the same time, and she didnt flaunt it around. What were their parents doing looking through playboy? does that make them less on the morality scale?

Seriously though just because you work at the school does that mean you have to walk the rest of your life on egg shells and do nothing. I think this is discrimination honestly. I bet she made more froh hugh hefner than she did from the school! 

ddbz
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Let's weigh this against the "sexting" issue: would you want a Cheerleading coach who does something like that? Would you want cheerleaders who sext?

I voted to can her ass. She has a position as a role model as well as a coach. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)