Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hot Topic (4/17): Do you agree with current abortion laws?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 12:49 AM
  • 105 Replies

Abortion is legally available in the United States.  Restrictions have been placed by different states.  For instance, some states have parental notification laws.

Do you think every woman should have access to abortion at any time during her pregnancy for any reason? 

Or should there be restrictions placed on the availability of abortion?

Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2009 at 1:11 AM

there should be restrictions  due to the moms health outside of that there is adoption 

Stephanie a non vaxxing/cloth diapering/full term breastfeeding sahm who is wanting another but waiting/WoW addicted momma to a 2yr old princess
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 17, 2009 at 4:31 AM

Touchy Topic...

I believe that human live begins at fertilization.  So to me, anytime after the egg is fertilized is murder.  The laws should reflect it as such.  Some agree with me, some don't.  But that's my opinion.

One more thing... did you know that the heart begins to beat as early as 3-4 weeks?  How can you have an abortion at that point and not think that the baby inside you is alive?  I just don't get it.

Wife of a Marine - Mommy to a Little Prince

& Expecting a Princess in May!                

blondekosmic15
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 4:35 AM

I believe in & deeply respect life from the moment of conception to natural death~

SabrinaL
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 8:54 AM

I think there should be restrictions.  While I do believe life starts at conception I also believe that it is a womans right to choose.  However,  I believe the time in the first trimester is enough to decide if you are going to have an abortion.   I do not agree with any 2nd or 3rd trimester abortions except in cases where the mothers health is in danger.

psychmama
by Member on Apr. 17, 2009 at 8:55 AM

I do not agree with abortion laws.

I am 100% Pro Life.

christina0607
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 9:02 AM

I am fine with the laws, in fact I spend no time thinking or worrying about them at all. I don't even know what the laws ae, I just don't care.

Sara3kids
by Member on Apr. 17, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I believe their should be restrictions and things each woman should go threw before having an abortion.  

CandiGram
by Member on Apr. 17, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Quoting SabrinaL:

I believe the time in the first trimester is enough to decide if you are going to have an abortion.   I do not agree with any 2nd or 3rd trimester abortions except in cases where the mothers health is in danger.

clapping

sassyandy124
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Do you think every woman should have access to abortion at any time during her pregnancy for any reason?  No

Or should there be restrictions places on the availability of abortion? There should be more restrictions. Especially concerning funding, and the time period it can take place. I agree whole heartedly with the waiting periods, and mandatory ultra sounds.

WImom2
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2009 at 10:00 AM

I think abortion is a cruel and vile act. I find it hard to understand how we can save the whales, and the trees, but murder our own children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured