Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hot Topic (4/17): Do you agree with current abortion laws?

Abortion is legally available in the United States.  Restrictions have been placed by different states.  For instance, some states have parental notification laws.

Do you think every woman should have access to abortion at any time during her pregnancy for any reason? 

Or should there be restrictions placed on the availability of abortion?

Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 12:49 AM
Replies (101-105):
.Tiggeroo87.
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Well your argument is invalid to me. I don't care too much about who agrees with you either. It's all good. I'm not changing my mind anytime soon anyway.

Have a good night, sleep tight.

Quoting RiggsMommy:

i don't even know where to start with this...

I'm a pro-choicepro-optionsSingleStay at homeWelfare bummin'unemployedPart-time schoolin' Universitydisposable diapering 'cause it's easier than cleaning shit off clothSelective vaccinating 'cause I said soex-formula feeding 'cause I was just too damn lazy to breastfeedNon-circumsizing but don't give a shit if you cut your son's pludegive my kiddo pop once in a pink moonCIO since my kid was old enough to roll overCANADIANABORIGINALMAMA

preggomomof2
by on Apr. 19, 2009 at 1:16 AM

I agree with all of this.  I don't agree with abortion, but I also don't feel it's my place to tell another woman what to do regarding her body, and her unborn child. I am 100% against second and third trimester abortions.  Unless of course the mother's life is in danger if the pregnancy is continued. I wish that we lived in a perfect world where nobody would ever even have to consider it, but we don't.  I do feel that it's best that abortions are legal right now, because if they weren't, alot of women would get them anyway, and they wouldn't be as safe as they are with them being legal.  I hope this makes sense, I've got a sinus infection and my head isn't working right, lol.

Quoting SabrinaL:

I think there should be restrictions.  While I do believe life starts at conception I also believe that it is a womans right to choose.  However,  I believe the time in the first trimester is enough to decide if you are going to have an abortion.   I do not agree with any 2nd or 3rd trimester abortions except in cases where the mothers health is in danger.

pregnancy week by week
.Tiggeroo87.
by on Apr. 19, 2009 at 2:03 AM

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but in a perfect world, there would never be a woman who had problems where abortion was needed, or all babies would grow healthy and fine in the womb without any need to be aborted, or risk of being stillborn.

But yeah, just throwing that in there. It's not that common, but it's not that uncommon either. Anything can happen to anyone.

Quoting preggomomof2:

I agree with all of this.  I don't agree with abortion, but I also don't feel it's my place to tell another woman what to do regarding her body, and her unborn child. I am 100% against second and third trimester abortions.  Unless of course the mother's life is in danger if the pregnancy is continued. I wish that we lived in a perfect world where nobody would ever even have to consider it, but we don't.  I do feel that it's best that abortions are legal right now, because if they weren't, alot of women would get them anyway, and they wouldn't be as safe as they are with them being legal.  I hope this makes sense, I've got a sinus infection and my head isn't working right, lol.

I'm a pro-choicepro-optionsSingleStay at homeWelfare bummin'unemployedPart-time schoolin' Universitydisposable diapering 'cause it's easier than cleaning shit off clothSelective vaccinating 'cause I said soex-formula feeding 'cause I was just too damn lazy to breastfeedNon-circumsizing but don't give a shit if you cut your son's pludegive my kiddo pop once in a pink moonCIO since my kid was old enough to roll overCANADIANABORIGINALMAMA

vanessa31087
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I believe that abortion should be made illegal. To me the only difference between abortion and murder is the way the law is worded and Id be the first one in line to change that law. Did you know that 93% of abortions are done for what are considered social reasons? Meaning 93% of abortions are done simply because the woman does not want to have the baby. Nothing wrong with her or the baby she just isn't ready to be a mom. IMO abortion is cruel and senseless. If you don't want to be a parent yet either keep your legs closed or use a minimum of 2 forms of birth control.

jaxTheMom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:46 AM

93% (or, 90, I forget) of first trimester abortions are done due to "failure of birth control".  The numbers cover the gamut of ages, religions, marital status and previous children.  There are no social barriers.

Yes, I do agree with our current laws.  There are no hard statistics about the numbers performed before it was made legal but most estimates I've seen put it right around the number performed now.

What's different is the fact that now it's safe, and poor women don't have to risk their lives while women of means jet off.

What I WOULD like to see is more emphasis on sex education, and more support for women and children.  Removing the economic barrier would accomplish a lot, in my opinion.

Quoting vanessa31087:

I believe that abortion should be made illegal. To me the only difference between abortion and murder is the way the law is worded and Id be the first one in line to change that law. Did you know that 93% of abortions are done for what are considered social reasons? Meaning 93% of abortions are done simply because the woman does not want to have the baby. Nothing wrong with her or the baby she just isn't ready to be a mom. IMO abortion is cruel and senseless. If you don't want to be a parent yet either keep your legs closed or use a minimum of 2 forms of birth control.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)