Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Tapping Your Cell Phone*

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 12:17 AM
  • 20 Replies

by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Eilish
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Dang! And you know if criminals can do it, the government is likely using the same if not more sophisticated software.

• Help keep an eye on what Congress is doing. Stay informed and spread the message by posting Bills that need the People's attention - either positive or negative. This forum is open to ALL Cafemom Members.
.Tiggeroo87.
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 1:06 AM

It would be nice if embedding wasn't disabled. That way, the rest of us could see this video. 

I'm a pro-choicepro-optionsSingleStay at homeWelfare bummin'unemployedPart-time schoolin' Universitydisposable diapering 'cause it's easier than cleaning shit off clothSelective vaccinating 'cause I said soex-formula feeding 'cause I was just too damn lazy to breastfeedNon-circumsizing but don't give a shit if you cut your son's pludegive my kiddo pop once in a pink moonCIO since my kid was old enough to roll overCANADIANABORIGINALMAMA

cm08
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 12:05 PM
Eilish
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Just click on the video again, and it will take you to YouTube .... I don't think Blondie has control over the embedding mechanism.

Quoting .Tiggeroo87.:

It would be nice if embedding wasn't disabled. That way, the rest of us could see this video. 

• Help keep an eye on what Congress is doing. Stay informed and spread the message by posting Bills that need the People's attention - either positive or negative. This forum is open to ALL Cafemom Members.
lucy23794
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 12:31 PM

so it is true. geezz. great. that's dandy. this whole thing reminds me of that movie eagle eye.

what's the point of the cell phone if you are waiting for a call but for someone to not listen to your conversations, you have to take the battery out.

how does the password thing work anyways on your cell as the guy mentions at the end?

.Tiggeroo87.
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Thanks. I saw it and I think it's been happening for years....

But I have nothing to worry about because I'm not a terrorist or criminal, lol....I don't say anything incriminating in my phone conversations or texts. Meh.

Quoting Eilish:

Just click on the video again, and it will take you to YouTube .... I don't think Blondie has control over the embedding mechanism.

Quoting .Tiggeroo87.:

I'm a pro-choicepro-optionsSingleStay at homeWelfare bummin'unemployedPart-time schoolin' Universitydisposable diapering 'cause it's easier than cleaning shit off clothSelective vaccinating 'cause I said soex-formula feeding 'cause I was just too damn lazy to breastfeedNon-circumsizing but don't give a shit if you cut your son's pludegive my kiddo pop once in a pink moonCIO since my kid was old enough to roll overCANADIANABORIGINALMAMA

Della529
by Matlock on Apr. 18, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Why should tapping be any different in the U.S., isn't this a part of the Patriot Act?  Israel has been doing it for a while...

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/792493.html

Eilish
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Uhhhh .... actually the point the video makes is that any person can obtain this software, and can stalk and harass you and your family, and the police have no way of tracking it. You can become the victim of a faceless criminal. If you use a cell phone, then this does affect you.

Quoting .Tiggeroo87.:

Thanks. I saw it and I think it's been happening for years....

But I have nothing to worry about because I'm not a terrorist or criminal, lol....I don't say anything incriminating in my phone conversations or texts. Meh.

Quoting Eilish:

Quoting .Tiggeroo87.:

blondekosmic15
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Quoting Eilish:

Quoting .Tiggeroo87.:

Thank you.....

tericared
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Quoting Della529:

Why should tapping be any different in the U.S., isn't this a part of the Patriot Act?  Israel has been doing it for a while...

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/792493.html

Yes it is part of the Patriot Act,,,,violation of our rights...we have so few left...

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)