Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 12:17 AM
Replies (11-20):
realtorshelly
by on Apr. 19, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Good grief!

blondekosmic15
by on Apr. 19, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Quoting tericared:

Quoting Della529:

Why should tapping be any different in the U.S., isn't this a part of the Patriot Act?  Israel has been doing it for a while...

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/792493.html

Yes it is part of the Patriot Act,,,,violation of our rights...we have so few left...

Your comment is ludicrous....try living in North Korea w/ the countless blessings of the Kim-Jong_IL regime...how about cozying up w/ Vladimir Putin....or relaxing on the sunny beaches of Cuba w/ the 2 Communist brothers Raul/Fidel Castro or enjoying the many freedoms of Iran w/ the smiley face Mahmoud Ahmadinejad!  I definitely do not condone my cell phone being tapped but to express your dislike for America * to belittle or deny our freedoms here when we espouse immeasurable blessings compared to the world abroad is ridiculous...selfish all rolled into 1!!!

Della529
by Matlock on Apr. 19, 2009 at 6:13 PM

What are you talking about?  Our Constitution is what protects us from being like those you mention, and it's being violated.  I have NO hate for America.

I think you are one of those people who talk just to hear yourself speak.  Based on your well-known rambling when you write, it certainly wouldn't suprise me.  You constantly equate patriotism with right wing conservatism.  The two are NOT the same.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting tericared:

Quoting Della529:

Why should tapping be any different in the U.S., isn't this a part of the Patriot Act?  Israel has been doing it for a while...

Yes it is part of the Patriot Act,,,,violation of our rights...we have so few left...

Your comment is ludicrous....try living in North Korea w/ the countless blessings of the Kim-Jong_IL regime...how about cozying up w/ Vladimir Putin....or relaxing on the sunny beaches of Cuba w/ the 2 Communist brothers Raul/Fidel Castro or enjoying the many freedoms of Iran w/ the smiley face Mahmoud Ahmadinejad!  I definitely do not condone my cell phone being tapped but to express your dislike for America * to belittle or deny our freedoms here when we espouse immeasurable blessings compared to the world abroad is ridiculous...selfish all rolled into 1!!!

blondekosmic15
by on Apr. 19, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Quoting Della529:

What are you talking about?  Our Constitution is what protects us from being like those you mention, and it's being violated.  I have NO hate for America.

Here we go again.....the infamous hate word. For some reason some of you libs. cannot express your opinions w/ out falsely accusing Conservatives of " Hate!" Pls. try reading my words below & be honest......DISLIKE is far from the word hate! We are living in the post 911 era & I have never been infringed upon due to the Patriot Act. None of my friends have or any acct. which I have read has disrespected my personal individual rights as an American consequently from the Patriot Act.. I'm sure you will be the 1st to complain that America failed to do enough when we experience another terrorist attack~

I think you are one of those people who talk just to hear yourself speak.  Based on your well-known rambling when you write, it certainly wouldn't suprise me.  You constantly equate patriotism with right wing conservatism.  The two are NOT the same.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting tericared:

Quoting Della529:

Della529
by Matlock on Apr. 19, 2009 at 10:12 PM

So, in order to clarify my mistake, you again ramble on with yet another diatribe ~ thank you, you proved my last statement correct. 

I have NO DISLIKE for America, either.  And, by the way, there is another post where YOU use the words "hate hate hate hate" to describe another poster who you claim is also a liberal.

THE PALESTINIANS ARE COMING!  THE PALESTIANIANS ARE COMING!  Err, where are they?

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting Della529:

Here we go again.....the infamous hate word. For some reason some of you libs. cannot express your opinions w/ out falsely accusing Conservatives of " Hate!" Pls. try reading my words below & be honest......DISLIKE is far from the word hate! We are living in the post 911 era & I have never been infringed upon due to the Patriot Act. None of my friends have or any acct. which I have read has disrespected my personal individual rights as an American consequently from the Patriot Act.. I'm sure you will be the 1st to complain that America failed to do enough when we experience another terrorist attack~

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting tericared:

Quoting Della529:

Merry74
by on Apr. 20, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Just wondering what part of the Constitution you think is being violated.  Have you read the Constitution or the case law regarding tapping?  What the government has the right to do (pursuant to the Pariot Act) is VERY narrowly defined.  Should they violate the Act (and they have), they can be sued (which they have).  However, the basis behind the Act is legit -  the government has the right to protect society as a WHOLE.

Della529
by Matlock on Apr. 20, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Just to clarify:  Was this directed at me or the OP?

Quoting Merry74:

Just wondering what part of the Constitution you think is being violated.  Have you read the Constitution or the case law regarding tapping?  What the government has the right to do (pursuant to the Pariot Act) is VERY narrowly defined.  Should they violate the Act (and they have), they can be sued (which they have).  However, the basis behind the Act is legit -  the government has the right to protect society as a WHOLE.

Da1nOnlyDestiny
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2009 at 8:37 PM

pointing fingers, labeling and spewing bs seems to be her forte.

Quoting Della529:

So, in order to clarify my mistake, you again ramble on with yet another diatribe ~ thank you, you proved my last statement correct. 

I have NO DISLIKE for America, either.  And, by the way, there is another post where YOU use the words "hate hate hate hate" to describe another poster who you claim is also a liberal.

THE PALESTINIANS ARE COMING!  THE PALESTIANIANS ARE COMING!  Err, where are they?

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting Della529:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting tericared:

Quoting Della529:

Merry74
by on Apr. 20, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Really anyone who mentioned constitutional rights.

.Tiggeroo87.
by on Apr. 20, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Oh well.

I don't care. I've had a cell phone since 2004, and nothing has happened, nor will it happen anytime soon. The chances are so slim. Can't live life being scared of shit you don't have time to control.

Quoting Eilish:

Uhhhh .... actually the point the video makes is that any person can obtain this software, and can stalk and harass you and your family, and the police have no way of tracking it. You can become the victim of a faceless criminal. If you use a cell phone, then this does affect you.

I'm a pro-choicepro-optionsSingleStay at homeWelfare bummin'unemployedPart-time schoolin' Universitydisposable diapering 'cause it's easier than cleaning shit off clothSelective vaccinating 'cause I said soex-formula feeding 'cause I was just too damn lazy to breastfeedNon-circumsizing but don't give a shit if you cut your son's pludegive my kiddo pop once in a pink moonCIO since my kid was old enough to roll overCANADIANABORIGINALMAMA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN