Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hot Topic (4/18): Do Kids Need a Mom and a Dad?

Some famous moms, like Nadya Suleman, decide to have children without a dad in their lives.

Is that decision irresponsible? 

Will children suffer if they don't have both a dad and a mom involved in their daily lives?

Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 1:19 AM
Replies (41-44):
rnjMOM
by Rachel on Apr. 20, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Quoting sweetie00:

I think it all depends on the quality over quantity.  My sister raises 2 on her own. They are great. I was raised by my dad alone, and I'm pretty successful- if I do say so myself! Lots of kids have mom and dad and grow up to be criminals, etc; Sometimes maybe it doesn't matter at all.... You really can't generalize when it comes to parenting and children.

Totally Agree.

lovemybabys1106
by Member on Apr. 20, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Yes I really think that kids need a male and female role model. It does not have to be a "mom and dad" but it should be. I dont mean sigle parents cant be good parents but the child will need more than just a mom or just a dad. 

I am a 19 year old SAHM. I belive abortion is murder. I love my husband and children. I have an angel in heaven and cant wait to meet him or her one day. I dont belive in circumsising but will do it if my husband wants to. I belive every mother owes it to her self and her child to try to breastfeed but I dont condem formula feeders. I breast and bottle feed and that is what works for us so do whats right for your child and leave mine out of it.  I co-sleep with BOTH of my kids and yes I know the risks.

momoftwins240
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Quoting Amybelle:

A child can NEVER have too many people to Love, Care for & Guide them :)

I agree.  And one must always remember that it takes so much more than just DNA to be a parent.

Mama with the mostest!

kissing

Armywife6
by Member on Apr. 20, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Nope, some people aren't cut out to be parents & the child(ren) would be better off with only 1 parent. Also, gay, &  foster parents are capable of doing a good job raising kids in a loving household.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)