Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

There are clinics where women can go to donate their eggs.  For thousands of dollars.

In this economy would you do this to pay bills? Would you do this at all? What are your thoughts?

Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on Apr. 19, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Replies (21-24):
Jezzabelle718
by Member on Apr. 20, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Nope, I would be a surrogate for someone (outside egg and sperm), but no selling of my eggs. They are not for sale. Now, if it were a close friend or family member I would happily DONATE one of them.  I just dont believe in cashing in on peoples desire for a baby for a profit.  Surrogacy is more like a rental or storage fee lol, and I'm alright with that.

ellyc19111
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Quoting jrdnjstn00:

I could.

I'd be helping someone else out who couldn't have a baby. The money is good incentive too...look at all you have to go through just to donate. I don't think they give out your information when you donate eggs.

I've heard they pay around $10,000. Look at men they can go freely donate sprem and it's not such an issue like women donating her eggs

Yes, but look at the process involved in sperm donation. No fun involved for women!

spoiled_wife
by Member on Apr. 20, 2009 at 8:00 PM

If I needed the money to support my family.

And

If I were young enough to donate.

I would donate in a heartbeat. I have no use for the eggs I'm producing.. But sadly. I'm too old to donate.. LOL

vanessa31087
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Once Im done having kids and my eggs are no longer useful to me I want to donate. Id love to be able to give someone who couldn't otherwise that chance to have a baby of their own  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)