Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do the opinions of 'celebrities' REALLY affect your opinions???

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do the opinions of stars influence your political views?

Options:

yes I consider the political stance of stars I like

no I don't care what stars think about politics

Other (Please explain) I consider it but I don't base my opinion soley on their's

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

With both parties using 'star power' during the election, and the uproar over the political statements made by Janeane Garofalo, and Jackie Chan over the last few days, I have to wonder if people's opinions are really affected by the opinions of "stars". Are there people that think to themselves, ' _________ is my favorite actor so since he likes _____ I will vote for him??' What do you think about people that makes their decisions based on the opinions of stars? Do you let their opinions influence you????

Hitler gave great speeches TOO!!!!!!

by on Apr. 20, 2009 at 12:28 PM
Replies (11-13):
blondekosmic15
by on Apr. 20, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Quoting cdgoldilocks:

No. Many of them are truly out of touch with "real" Americans and our struggles anyway.

Agree.....

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2009 at 3:14 PM

No Way.  I have actually found myself distancing myself from celebrity stuff.  I value the opinions of close friends.

I find that if I do not agree with things they are saying or supporting then I avoid them and their shows like the plague.  I refuse to watch any award shows because I think there is nothing more sad than a bunch of people who are over paid boosting their already oversized ego.

Mommy_Jenn
by on Apr. 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Quoting sassyandy124:

With both parties using 'star power' during the election, and the uproar over the political statements made by Janeane Garofalo, and Jackie Chan over the last few days, I have to wonder if people's opinions are really affected by the opinions of "stars". Are there people that think to themselves, ' _________ is my favorite actor so since he likes _____ I will vote for him??' What do you think about people that makes their decisions based on the opinions of stars? Do you let their opinions influence you????

*Star power during elections is bull shit... Outright unfair... and stupid.  You should get votes for YOUR political view not how many celebrities you could get to back you up.

*Jackie Chan is from China... Is he even a U.S. Citizen? 

*  I do believe that people cast their votes because their fav. celebrity votes that way.  I think it's dumb and a totaly bad decision.   I think it's great that these celebrities want to get into the ation and be a part of this but some of them open their mouths and bullshit and crap come out and people follow their advice.    I'm not a big celebrity gossip/follower and I would NEVER EVER vote on something or against something just because my favorite celebrity did.

* It's always nice to get their opinion, leave the doors open for maybe a pro or con that you hadn't seen/though of yet but ful on follow the leader stuff is a no no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured