Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is it cheating if you are fantasizing about someone else?

Posted by   + Show Post
Emotional affairs are very high in this country...yet many people think since it does not involve physical touch it is fine..to think about a man/woman who you have recently met and find attractive in your office or in a recent outing with you friends..what do you think?Are you comfortable if your spouse was fantasizing about someone else?We need to keep in mind that women fantasizing different than men...A woman wants an emotional connection with the man...A GUY when he fantasizing about somebody else strips down a woman and pictures her in different non clothing scenes...Remember men are visual..attracted .and are looking for something better for the purpose of arousal..This remarkable lady he could connect to and will make him feel at ease...
Joanna...
by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 8:27 AM
Replies (21-25):
ellyc19111
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Quoting IhartU:

I think most people do this at one time or another, and I don't think it's a problem unless you are ALWAYS thinking about the other person during sex with your significant other or EVERY time you masturbate.

Didn't know you had to be thinking about somebody else during masturbation. All I think about is satisfying my urge!

ellyc19111
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Quoting Athena01426:

I think we need to understand the way a woman fantasizing about men is different ...A woman wants an emotional connection with a man.SHE FANTASIZING ABOUT HIM being part of her emotions..The way a man fantasizing about a woman is to strip her down into nothing...is erotic in nature...and when your mind thinks your body follows...

What's the difference? It's a fantasy either way.

Athena01426
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2009 at 7:35 PM
I think what we need to focus is to why some folks fantasize to perform a sexual act with somebody else?what is the need behind this kind of behavior?NOT everybody is doing it..and how many of these folks really tell their lovers about it?...I can assure you they won't be very happy finding out.....
Joanna...
Amybelle
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2009 at 7:39 PM

#1. Fantasizing is NOT Emotional Cheating. Those are two VERY different things

& #2. I've been with my DH 28 yrs. (married 25 in Dec). I can tell you that Fantasy is a BIG part of keeping our "Love-Life" Hot and Exciting.

Athena01426
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2009 at 7:42 PM
I also understand that some folks are doing it casually. emotionally or sexually does not really matter..but my question is why?if it becomes permanent fixation then it is the same as addiction.Even from the biblical standpoint is wrong...it opens a can of worms...In my view I do not need anybody else to spice up my marriage ...I have my husband...and he is all I need in my life....
Joanna...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN