Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Burger King Commercial for Kids meals...

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:51 AM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: Is this appropriate for the age demographic targeted?

Options:

YES

NO

WHO CARES?

OTHER

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

Is this inappropriate for a Kids Meal? 

by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rnjMOM
by Rachel on May. 8, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Usually I am not one to be all up in arms about music, I listen to EVERYTHING under the sun.  But when my 5 year old goes around singing "I like square butts and I can not lie" in public, I cringe a little.  I just thought for the age demographic they were targeting it was a little inappropriate.  Nothing against Sir Mix Alot (LOVE him) but come on Burger King... Really? We are talking about 2-8 year olds and Sponge Bob.  Just a miss if you ask me.JMO. 

Rachel

savannahnhi
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:59 AM

I don't like it.  I don't like Spongebob and my daughter does not watch.  Personally; I do not like rap music.

Earth-Angel
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM

I put who cares? But, this isn't a new Burger King commercial, it's over! They moved on to Star Trek!!!!

Earth-Angel

my2boyz117
by Member on May. 8, 2009 at 8:08 AM

My 3& 7 yr old LOVE this commercial and are always singing it, I think it's funny!  They already know part of the real version "I like big Butts" thanks to the Shark Tales movie, so I 'd rather have them say Square Butts instead!

My vote was Who Cares~

Amanda

jrdnjstn00
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:17 AM

This has got to be the stupiest commercial geared towards kids. What does liking square butts have to do with kids meals. Yeah spongebob has a square butt, but come on. What were they thinking? oh square butts

christina0607
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:47 AM

That is not the commercial...it's a you tube video. So who cares.

Humboldt0608
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:53 AM

I don't think that it was suppose to be geared to children. I still have yet to see it on any kids channels except late at night during adult swim. If you actually get past all of the singing and butt shaking on the actually commercial they are advertising .99 cent kids meal with purchase of another meal and sponge bob toy.

If it does come on and you don't like it just change the channel. It's as simple as picking up a remote. I never liked the Arby's commercial with Paris Hilton on it and I would just change the channel. No biggy.

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:18 AM

They (BK advertisers) tried to be cool and picked a song that is what...ten years old..and applied it to a Sponge Bob ad for BK, and it makes BK look stupid, IMO. Is it appropriate? Any time that a song and dancing that is geared toward kids that includes girls shaking their booties, it's questionable as to appropriateness or not. And it should be.

You know you're from Arizona when you feed your chickens ice cubes to keep them from laying hard-boiled eggs...

rnjMOM
by Rachel on May. 8, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Quoting Humboldt0608:

I don't think that it was suppose to be geared to children. I still have yet to see it on any kids channels except late at night during adult swim. If you actually get past all of the singing and butt shaking on the actually commercial they are advertising .99 cent kids meal with purchase of another meal and sponge bob toy.

If it does come on and you don't like it just change the channel. It's as simple as picking up a remote. I never liked the Arby's commercial with Paris Hilton on it and I would just change the channel. No biggy.

I agree. I saw it yesterday on Boomerang at 5pm while my kiddos were watching TV.  I was wondering WTF the Burger King Marketing Dept was thinking.  I did not turn the channel, I mean it was not offensive or anything, I was just like "for a kids meal?? Really?"

faery33
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I find it funny that when the original song came out it's video was Banned from MTV and now it's being used to sell kids meals!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)