Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Santa Barbara Fire

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

Anyone else from around here? I hope everyone stays safe. I'm about 45 minutes away from Santa Barbara. I hope it gets contained soon. The winds are nuts today

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519063,00.html

by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kamsmom04
by New Member on May. 8, 2009 at 6:12 PM

One of my girlfriend from elementary school lives in Santa Barbara and she is waiting for the official word to be evacuated. What a scary fire and all of the wind! I am grateful to live in Arizona where the only thing we have is the monsoon season in the summer and a few fires up north but no where near us. Anyone in the fire area please be safe and my thoughts are with you and your families. 

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on May. 8, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Stay Safe!  We live pretty far south but we had the fires last year...   Scary stuff...

Wife of a Marine - Mommy to a Little Prince

& Expecting a Princess in May!                

cdgoldilocks
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I live in Pismo. I hope they get the fires contained. It was hot and windy here today, not a good combo.

ETA: Are you out by VAFB?

2egbhgx.jpg Eleanor Roosevelt image by whatadollx3

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

ColtsFan1912
by on May. 9, 2009 at 1:16 PM

im in santa maria

Quoting cdgoldilocks:

I live in Pismo. I hope they get the fires contained. It was hot and windy here today, not a good combo.

tericared
by on May. 9, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Stay safe........

Palestinian People are defending themselves and their Land and their Homes against Israeli war crimes and Israeli war criminals, both military and civilian.

cdgoldilocks
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

im in santa maria

Quoting cdgoldilocks:

It is windy again today, not good to fight fires.

2egbhgx.jpg Eleanor Roosevelt image by whatadollx3

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)