Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hot Topic Poll: Do you agree with the Pope?

Posted by on May. 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you agree with the Pope?

Options:

Yes

No

Not sure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

While on a recent visit to Israel, Pope Benedict XVI called for an independent, Palestinian homeland.

The Pope reiterated this sentiment during a visit to Bethlehem, stating that he 'understands their [Palestinians] suffering.'

Do you agree with the Pope? Would an independent Palestinian state ease the conflict in the region?  Or, will it just make things worse?

< The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on May. 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Della529
by Matlock on May. 13, 2009 at 9:36 AM

At this stage in the conflict, I think Israel and its citizens need to stop promoting themselves as victims and recognize & acknowledge that it's creation is the ULTIMATE reason for many of the issues not only in the ME, but all over the world.  For Pete's sake, we've heard enough of crap about how persecuted those people are, they spend millions of dollars a year to make sure no one ever forgets.  There were a great deal more individuals murdered than just one particular sect, yet we don't see all of these put on a victim PITY pedestal.

There might have been a two state solution had Ickrael stopped it's encROACHment and bullying outside of the planned borders decades ago, but that time has passed.  Now, it's time for the tide to turn just as nature always allows.

sweetie00
by on May. 13, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Quoting Della529:

At this stage in the conflict, I think Israel and its citizens need to stop promoting themselves as victims and recognize & acknowledge that it's creation is the ULTIMATE reason for many of the issues not only in the ME, but all over the world.  For Pete's sake, we've heard enough of crap about how persecuted those people are, they spend millions of dollars a year to make sure no one ever forgets.  There were a great deal more individuals murdered than just one particular sect, yet we don't see all of these put on a victim PITY pedestal.

There might have been a two state solution had Ickrael stopped it's encROACHment and bullying outside of the planned borders decades ago, but that time has passed.  Now, it's time for the tide to turn just as nature always allows.

You said it again, Della.good

Merry74
by on May. 13, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Quoting Della529:
  Now, it's time for the tide to turn just as nature always allows.

Meaning, what?

WImom2
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2009 at 3:05 PM

This won't shock anyone. I agree with the Pope.

karmalove
by on May. 13, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Yes I think that we need a two state solution-the devil is in the details though-it will take years to hammer out the details of two states.  I wish that the three way partition proposal of 1947 had been further explored at the time to save many innocent lives on all sides.  Victims are all on sides of this matter and too many mothers have mourned their children on all sides.

tericared
by on May. 13, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Quoting WImom2:

This won't shock anyone. I agree with the Pope.

ditto

Palestinian People are defending themselves and their Land and their Homes against Israeli war crimes and Israeli war criminals, both military and civilian.

Eilish
by on May. 13, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I support a two-state solution, but to be quite honest, I am not sure that this will ease the conflict. There will always be a conflict in at least Jerusalem .... Israel and Palestine could end up looking more like East and West Germany and East and West Berlin.

Please Click on the Pics to follow the links!

sheenashina1964
by Member on May. 13, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Very much against a two state solution.  Isreal gives and gives and it's never enough!!!  Iran and the other Islamic wackos will never be happy until every Jew is dead.  Israel has the right to defend themselves and needs to take out Irans nuclear facilities SOON!!!

The survival of the Jewish people is a miracle of God. The return of the Jewish people to the land promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is a miracle of God. The remarkable victories of Jewish armies against overwhelming odds in successive battles in 1948, and 1967, and 1973 are clearly miracles of God. The technological marvels of Israeli industry, the military prowess, the bounty of Israeli agriculture, the fruits and flowers and abundance of the land are a testimony to God's watchful care over this new nation and the genius of this people.

Yet what has happened was clearly foretold by the ancient prophet Ezekiel, who, writing at the time of the Babylonian captivity, declared this message for the Jewish people concerning latter days.

"For I will take you out of the nation; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back to your own land… I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you… to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. You will live in the land I gave your forefathers; you will be my people and I will be your God. I will save you from all your uncleanness.

"I will call for the grain and make it plentiful… I will increase the fruit of the trees and the crops of the field, so that you will no longer suffer disgrace among the nations because of famine…

Della529
by Matlock on May. 14, 2009 at 7:44 AM

Quoting sheenashina1964:

Very much against a two state solution.  Isreal gives and gives and it's never enough!!!  Iran and the other Islamic wackos will never be happy until every Jew is dead.  Israel has the right to defend themselves and needs to take out Irans nuclear facilities SOON!!!

The survival of the Jewish people is a miracle of God. The return of the Jewish people to the land promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is a miracle of God. The remarkable victories of Jewish armies against overwhelming odds in successive battles in 1948, and 1967, and 1973 are clearly miracles of God. The technological marvels of Israeli industry, the military prowess, the bounty of Israeli agriculture, the fruits and flowers and abundance of the land are a testimony to God's watchful care over this new nation and the genius of this people.

Yet what has happened was clearly foretold by the ancient prophet Ezekiel, who, writing at the time of the Babylonian captivity, declared this message for the Jewish people concerning latter days.

"For I will take you out of the nation; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back to your own land… I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you… to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. You will live in the land I gave your forefathers; you will be my people and I will be your God. I will save you from all your uncleanness.

"I will call for the grain and make it plentiful… I will increase the fruit of the trees and the crops of the field, so that you will no longer suffer disgrace among the nations because of famine…

So, I guess you would want a one-state solution, whereby, the Palestinian's and the Jews live together in Israel and the Palestinian's are provided the right of return.

Israel "gives and gives"?  Gives what?  Since at least 1967, Israel has kept encROACHing into lands not provided in the PM and it's annual state welfare payments  from the US have steadily increased, along with US contributions from our military and science.  Whatever Israel might have given, it has been paid well to do so.

Oh, and you really should note your sources.  I don't think Pat Robertson would take too kindly to not giving him credit for his speech (page 2) from the Christian Broadcasting Network titled, "Why Evangelical Christians Support Israel?"

http://www.herzliyaconference.org/Eng/_Uploads/920patrobertson.pdf

sheenashina1964
by Member on May. 15, 2009 at 2:43 AM

Yes, part of my post was from a piece Pat wrote, thanks for pointing that out and I should have sourced it.  As a Christian I am called to support Israel.  Israel is defending themselves and returning fire.  They are the ones being attacked, who started the war in 1967?  The mid East will not rest until every Jew is dead and that's the truth.   We must back Israel and protect our friends!!

Quoting Della529:

Quoting sheenashina1964:

So, I guess you would want a one-state solution, whereby, the Palestinian's and the Jews live together in Israel and the Palestinian's are provided the right of return.

Israel "gives and gives"?  Gives what?  Since at least 1967, Israel has kept encROACHing into lands not provided in the PM and it's annual state welfare payments  from the US have steadily increased, along with US contributions from our military and science.  Whatever Israel might have given, it has been paid well to do so.

Oh, and you really should note your sources.  I don't think Pat Robertson would take too kindly to not giving him credit for his speech (page 2) from the Christian Broadcasting Network titled, "Why Evangelical Christians Support Israel?"

http://www.herzliyaconference.org/Eng/_Uploads/920patrobertson.pdf

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)