Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is yOUR man too busy to spent time with you WHEN HE IS OUT WITH HIS FRIENDS?

Posted by on May. 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM
  • 39 Replies
I am sure it happens more than you want to admit.MY HUBBY IS NOT GOING OUT AT ALL I wished he would to a night with the boys out......IS...the man in your life sometimes he is pressing the mute in the control of his head bottom and he can not hear a word you are saying.? I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE TIMES you have planned activities together...I AM SPEAKING WHEN HE TALKS TO HIS BUDDIES AND YOU NEED HIS ATTENTION OR WHEN he comes home from work to relax and you start talking to him about issues involving your day....he hopes you can nag yourself to the point you will became exhausted...and eventually go away...so what you can do when he tells you he is too busy to spent time with you.in that particular moment?. CAN YOU PLAY MIND GAMES?it is time to show him with your actions that he is not going to be in charge of the terms. THE EXPERTS ARE SAYING....you also need to make excuses.... why you can not spent time with him. THE TIMES YOU ARE BUSY.....what do you think about this approach?
Joanna...
by on May. 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Many times we complain that he is not hearing us when we will like to talk to him about something important...he tunes us out...and we often wonder what we are doing wrong...
Joanna...
Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2009 at 10:52 PM
HE IS even get irritating if we are persist the nagging...what a lot of my friends are doing is they stop talking to him and get busy with something they enjoy doing...and when he wants to talk on his own terms ...they tell him they are too busy ....in other words they dish back what he gave them....
Joanna...
lilyrose73
by on May. 13, 2009 at 12:24 AM

My husband is never too busy for me or the kids.

lbranta
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I know I am lucky to have a man who does take the time for us and to listen to what I am saying even if he don't like what I am saying he still listens and takes the time to see what I am saying.  I know luck when I see it and that is lucky to have him.

sheenashina1964
by Member on May. 13, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Wow, my husband would never tell me he was too busy for me.  We are best friends and do everything together!!  And you should never play head games in your relationship, show him respect and he will show you love. 

I LOVE MY SWEETHEART!!

holding balloons

Quoting Athena01426:

I am sure it happens more that you think...the man in your life sometimes he is pressing the mute in the control of his head bottom and he can not hear a word you are saying...he hopes you can nag yourself to the point you will became exhausted...and eventually go away...so what you can do when he tells you he is too busy to spent time with you.??..it is time to show him with your actions that he is not going to be in charge of the terms..you also need to make excuses.... why you can not spent time with him...what do you think about this approach?

SUPPORT THE ACLJ

evythecute
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2009 at 2:41 AM

Well my husband is flawed *gasp* lol. Yeah there are times he doesn't want to listen to me jabber. I get it. But he knows if he doesn't give me the mental and emotional attention i need, he doesn't get the physical attention he needs lol. So its his choice. I don't believe any one person can fully fulfil our every need. That's why we need friends so our man isn't the only person we have to talk to.

Tatiana7
by Member on May. 13, 2009 at 9:42 AM

My husband always makes time for me, no matter what.

I was in a long-term six year relationship where my voice was NOT 'heard' no matter what approach I took.... and I learned over the course of time what I "didn't want" in my next relationship.

I found it.  I am extremely lucky and blessed and he allows me to be me....he doesn't cut me off or ignore me.  And I do the same for him. 

I tried in my previous relationship, to do the ignoring thing.  Yeah, it works really well but it also builds a wall up.  Pretty soon, I just didn't give a shit anymore what he felt or thought, because it was quite obvious he didn't care that way for me.  Tough lesson to learn.  Again, I learned for the "next relationship" what I "didn't want". 

You live and learn.  I am sure it is time to trade your man in. *gasps* I know, trade him IN???? I am pretty certain there is someone out there that would LOVE to create/ make time for a woman.  Why waste your life (in my case, 6 years) on a lost cause?  A leopard doesn't change his spots......EVER.  Word to the wise.....

Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2009 at 10:23 AM
I am not talking on my post about the times your hubby is going out with you ...for family activities...I AM talking about when he is busy with his buddies talking to them and you enter the picture...asking him a question or when he comes from work all tired and you want him to hear all about your problems...I AM SURE SOME OF YOU HAD DAYS LIKE THAT...
Joanna...
lilyrose73
by on May. 13, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Quoting Athena01426:

I am not talking on my post about the times your hubby is going out with you ...for family activities...I AM talking about when he is busy with his buddies talking to them and you enter the picture...asking him a question or when he comes from work all tired and you want him to hear all about your problems...I AM SURE SOME OF YOU HAD DAYS LIKE THAT...

Nope.... he still would never treat me like that.

JamieLeigh02
by on May. 13, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Guess I'm one of the few with a husband who isn't perfect. My husband pays attention to me during the week just fine. On the weekend when his friends come over, he still pays attention to me but I get 25% attention to his friends 75% attention. It's ridiculous and I had to finally lay the smack down. He deployed right after so we'll find out VERY soon if it will change. Don't know what I think about that approach. Kind of seems like playing games to me and I don't like to do that. I'd rather tell him point blank that it angers me and how I really feel. I don't tend to hold back anything when it comes to my husband wheather he likes what he's hearing or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN