Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is yOUR man too busy to spent time with you WHEN HE IS OUT WITH HIS FRIENDS?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am sure it happens more than you want to admit.MY HUBBY IS NOT GOING OUT AT ALL I wished he would to a night with the boys out......IS...the man in your life sometimes he is pressing the mute in the control of his head bottom and he can not hear a word you are saying.? I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE TIMES you have planned activities together...I AM SPEAKING WHEN HE TALKS TO HIS BUDDIES AND YOU NEED HIS ATTENTION OR WHEN he comes home from work to relax and you start talking to him about issues involving your day....he hopes you can nag yourself to the point you will became exhausted...and eventually go away...so what you can do when he tells you he is too busy to spent time with you.in that particular moment?. CAN YOU PLAY MIND GAMES?it is time to show him with your actions that he is not going to be in charge of the terms. THE EXPERTS ARE SAYING....you also need to make excuses.... why you can not spent time with him. THE TIMES YOU ARE BUSY.....what do you think about this approach?
Joanna...
by on May. 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM
Replies (31-39):
barbishome
by on May. 14, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I hear you. My husband never has time for me and the kids, unless he need something. He works alot and I know he needs to relax, but he does what he wants. After yrs. of fighting about this subject, I learned to let go of it. What he does is non of my business. He is only hurting himself. The time will come when he realizes his mistakes, but by then it may be too late. I wasted too much of my time and energy playing games that don't do anything but drive me crazy. I just go on with my life. He will come around or he won't. I can't worry about his problems. Can't fix them either.

Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2009 at 11:30 AM
I met a man like that before..all he spoke about was his job,money...and thought women deserve none of his time...he wanted my hubby to go hang out with him...but my hubby had nothing in common...he is a great family man but he could not stand hearing this man degrade women ..he had been divorced and now he tells us he found somebody to marry him in a long distance setting..we are hoping when we move to Chicago my hubby will find some descent friends.....
Joanna...
lindseyg2008
by Member on May. 14, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Okay first off, to all you ladies out there that men that just plainly outright to choose not to make time for their woman and their kids I am sorry. As in my situation however, my man chooses to spend most of his time with me and our daughter. If he goes out with friends ussualy only for a couples hours at most and maybe every one to two months he goes up to the mountains for a single night. But for the most part he tries to involve me and Cloey in his activities with his friends.

Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2009 at 2:20 PM
SOMETIMES ,other men ..like my hubby's friend' s do not want to drag as they say his wife along even my brother in law was getting upset when my spouse wanted me along......HAVE YOU GONE ALONG TO A HUNTING TRIP WITH YOUR SPOUSE AND HIS BUDDIES?
Joanna...
Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2009 at 2:26 PM
MEN ,LIKE a woman appreciate a little time alone away with their friends or going to a fishing trip...with their buddies...men like to talk about cars...sports and other subjects women do not really care for...DOES IT MEAN HE IGNORES YOU ? not at all...like I SAID i did not marry a guy to keep him on a cage...
Joanna...
Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2009 at 8:44 PM
I asked some guys about what they think if their spouse want to stay with them at home instead of going out with friends.. their response was that it keeps their romance alive if they have time apart...it is important to do things alone and not have her to give him hard time about it...one of them said when I go fishing I FIND THAT i miss my wife a lot...and it is a good think...
Joanna...
myboyzluvme
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Quoting Athena01426:

I asked some guys about what they think if their spouse want to stay with them instead of going out with friends.. their response was that it keeps their romance alive if you have time apart...it is important to do things alone and not have her to give him hard time about it...one of them said when I go fishing I FIND THAT i miss my wife a lot...and it is a good think...

This is my dh whe he's fishing.   I'm always hearing how he's constantly talking about me and our boys.  Makes me feel so good.  : )

Time apart is a positive thing.  However, *neglect*  is most definitely not.  My heart goes out to you ladies who have husband's like this.  I just don't get it.     

Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2009 at 9:05 PM
when my hubby was going out on his boat trips with some of his male friends they told me the same think...he was talking about me all the time...he is prior military officer and we are used to spent time apart...it really sparks our romance....because we really love each other...you are right about neglect but too much clinging it is boring for any men...too much familiarity can kill romance....
Joanna...
Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2009 at 9:14 PM
you sound such a confident woman who has it all together...a life at home and a social life outside the relationship..I WROTE A BLOG ON MY SPACE ABOUT THE SAME ISSUE few minutes ago.....WE CAN NOT KEEP OUR GUY ON A CAGE...can you imagine our wedding ceremony will go like this...with this ring comes your cage.....surrender all your personal freedom....because i am needy and insecure...and you have to do your part to make me happy....
Joanna...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)