Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is yOUR man too busy to spent time with you WHEN HE IS OUT WITH HIS FRIENDS?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am sure it happens more than you want to admit.MY HUBBY IS NOT GOING OUT AT ALL I wished he would to a night with the boys out......IS...the man in your life sometimes he is pressing the mute in the control of his head bottom and he can not hear a word you are saying.? I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE TIMES you have planned activities together...I AM SPEAKING WHEN HE TALKS TO HIS BUDDIES AND YOU NEED HIS ATTENTION OR WHEN he comes home from work to relax and you start talking to him about issues involving your day....he hopes you can nag yourself to the point you will became exhausted...and eventually go away...so what you can do when he tells you he is too busy to spent time with you.in that particular moment?. CAN YOU PLAY MIND GAMES?it is time to show him with your actions that he is not going to be in charge of the terms. THE EXPERTS ARE SAYING....you also need to make excuses.... why you can not spent time with him. THE TIMES YOU ARE BUSY.....what do you think about this approach?
Joanna...
by on May. 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2009 at 10:49 AM
NO!you are not...WHAT I AM hearing these ladies out there are saying that he listens to them 100/00 ???...the research studies show something else...more realistic picture...men do not like to be bothered when they are with their friends or been nag coming home from work...THEY NEED ABOUT an hour to unwind... ...if these studies are not true may be I need to find a new perfect hubby...
Joanna...
JamieLeigh02
by on May. 13, 2009 at 11:14 AM

My husband has even admitted to me that sometimes when he's listening, he's really not. Either way, I love my perfectly unperfect husband. Maybe the woman who say their husband's listen 100% are just afraid to admit otherwise? Don't they call it wearing rose tinted glasses or something? Hahahaha

Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2009 at 2:46 PM
MY husband's doctor just told him today. learn to tune women out..........that we men know how to do it best.......AND my HUBBY AGREED.MY HUBBY was verbally attacked in his office by another female co-worker and he felt so bad that she will not listening to him..........BUT IT HAPPENS more than you think even in the medical field doctors can tune females out for blabbing too much...
Joanna...
ta1jade
by on May. 13, 2009 at 5:00 PM

My ex-dh had that kind of selective hearing.. but my current SO is the opposite. He has no problem putting friends or other things on hold if I need a listening ear. Granted we've been together only a few months, lol.. but he's a different type of man altogether than my ex when it comes to stuff like this. It's part of his character & I love it about him. No matter what "studies" say, not every man is gonna be a certain way. There are some great listeners out there so I have no doubt the ladies here are just blessed with respectful partners :O)

canthaveboys1
by on May. 13, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Not really in my house. Mine doesnt really go out anywhere with friends. If he is on the phone he hears me, I am a very loud person so its really hard not to hear me. I guess I like to be heard the first time.  

gogetem
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2009 at 5:09 PM

We always do things as a family/ couple.  We've spent too much time apart during deployments.  We have a better time with each other than with any one else.

My Flickr
Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2009 at 5:36 PM
AND they are women out there who they are not married to a perfect husband...being married for few months is not really a lot of time to test the waters...but ...if you think men are not capable to tune woman out and make it look he is all ears you are mistaken....
Joanna...
lilyrose73
by on May. 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Quoting Athena01426:

AND they are women out there to that they are not married to a perfect husband...being married for few moths is not really a lot of time to test the waters...but ...if you think men are not capable to tune woman out and make it look he is all ears you are mistaken....

Riiiight.... because you know ALL MEN in the whole world.  You may be married to a douche bag, but that doesn't mean everyone else is.  I have been married for 8 years and together for 10 with my DH.  I can assure you that he is very respectful of me and always, without a doubt puts me and our kids first.  I am sorry that you don't have that kind of relationship, but don't call those of do liars.

Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2009 at 5:55 PM
WE are not talking about your hubby in here...we are saying that studies are showing that men will tune out their wives at times to go in their own private space to think...or be with their friends...they are design that way they are not meant to be put on a cage......that is all some of us are saying. and what the books are saying......please! how is possible that someone will listen to any person 24/7?AND TO RESPOND TO YOUR QUESTION I have been married for 35 years a lot longer than you..did not say it applied to all men ...and to assure you I HAVE NO PROBLEM if my hubby needs some space to relax,,,or study....or pursue his own interests...he does not have to entertain me....
Joanna...
lilyrose73
by on May. 13, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Quoting Athena01426:

WE are not talking about your hubby in here...we are saying that studies are showing that men will tune out their wives at times to go in their own private space to think...or be with their friends...they are design that way..that is all some of us are saying....please! how is possible that someone will listen to any person 24/7?

This is the title of your post:

Is yOUR man too busy to spent time with you WHEN HE IS OUT WITH HIS FRIENDS?

I answered no.  I also said that my DH does not tune me out, etc.  Studies aren't absolute... which is proven by the fact my DH does none of the things you mentioned from the "study".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN