Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

No wonder woman have a poor body image....

Posted by on May. 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM
  • 18 Replies

This picture is floating around ABC NEWS website as real news...(not quoting) but the basic story is the Julia Roberts had the nerve to run around Hawaii with her stretch marks showing....

by on May. 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MONAinpa
by on May. 14, 2009 at 4:43 PM

IT kind of makes me fell better. YOu go girl!

Eilish
by on May. 14, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Well I feel a LOT better about my midriff .... seems Julia and I have something in common.

Please Click on the Pics to follow the links!

EnigmaMuse
by on May. 14, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Hmmmm.

Not really sure what her running around in a bikini has to do with women's poor body image issues. I think the picture would show women that these bodies changes are natural and one is still beautiful even after these changes happen.

For the most part. Poor body image stems from the person themselves. Not outside images/opinions and what not.

If a woman fully accepts and loves herself. No matter what images or opinions are put out there, she will have a healthy body image. No matter what she looks like.

If women want to have a healthy body image in regards to themselves. They need to learn how to love and fully accept themselves.. Others accepting you means squat and doesn't make you feel any better if you don't accept yourself.

tneal_1983
by on May. 14, 2009 at 4:48 PM

with all the other things they could report in the news they pick this. Way to go julia i wish i had that kind of confidence.lol

shinyhappymom
by Member on May. 14, 2009 at 4:57 PM

The media sucks! 

PamR
by Pam on May. 14, 2009 at 5:47 PM

What 40 year old mother of three wouldn't be happy with that body?  So she has a little saggy skin on her abdomen - she had twins, yes?  How nice to see a woman in the spotlight that doesn't resort to nips and tucks to try to be perfect.  I think she looks great.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2009 at 7:16 PM

This is really cool for me to see. I HAVE that!! I'm 51, and that's what I look like....but with more muscle in my arms. VERY COOL for Julia Roberts!

MomIWant
by Member on May. 14, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I posted this because I agree with most of you - GO JULIA - I think she's beautiful & real - this is what real women look like after 3 kids and close to 40!  The media was making it look like she got caught looking terrible, I think she looks GREAT!

laurajo84
by New Member on May. 14, 2009 at 8:37 PM
it was because they were criticizing her for doing so...
TheQueenFish
by New Member on May. 14, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I'm not a fan of Julia, but go her!  She has a lovely figure, and a damn good one for having babies!!!  (My tummy doesn't look half as good, though she has (more than) half the tummy that I do!!!)

The media has done us all a dis-service!   We should be proud of our spirits, and honor our bodies... (chubby or not!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)