Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do You Have Sex With Your Baby in the Room?

Posted by on May. 16, 2009 at 9:25 PM
  • 19 Replies

Found this in the Daily Buzz....

Do You Have Sex With Your Baby in the Room?

May 16, 2009 at 9:17 AM by Cafe Suzanne

sex after baby

photo from Barnes and Noble

There's no doubt that having a baby changes your relationship. Hormones can wreak havoc on your sex drive, round-the-clock feedings can leave you exhausted, and then there's the baby. If he shares your room or even your bed, his fussing and crying could put a damper on things.

Which brings me to my question:

Do you and your partner have sex while your baby is sleeping in the same room with you?

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on May. 16, 2009 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imasurvivor
by Member on May. 16, 2009 at 11:27 PM

rolling on floorBlahahahahahahaha!!!!!

With my 27 month old co-sleeping on one side of me & my 10 month old Daughter on the other...???

rolling on floorNOT!rolling on floor

shinyhappymom
by Member on May. 16, 2009 at 11:34 PM

When my kids were babies and in our room we had sex occasionally while they were asleep in the room.  What's the big deal?  They were not in the bed with us. 

Raintree
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Well.

There are whole nations of people living today that wouldn't be except for this practice. Funny thing is, most of them have a much smaller problem with teen pregnancy/etc.

Something to be said for openness and frankness about sexuality. Fact of life, people.

Oh, and yes, we often had sex when our babies were in our room.

Stand up, this is comedy. The DNA lotto may have left you smart, but can you stand up to beauty- dictator of the heart. I can stand up for hope, faith, love but while I'm getting over certainty. Stop walking God across the road like a little old lady. - Bono

lbranta
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Never have, never well.

BabyGracesMommy
by Member on May. 17, 2009 at 2:27 AM

I think we did once, when my daughter was like 6 weeks old, and she was sleeping in the bassinet on the other side of the room.

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2009 at 2:28 AM

Yes we did.  In fact baby #4 was conceived while baby #3 was in a crib in our room.  What is the big deal?  Thay are babies and sleep alot.  Since having kids we have gotten pretty creative with sex and how we time it.  Makes it kind of fun.

Kaelaasmom
by Member on May. 17, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Since my daughter never slept in my room except when she was sick, no I didn't.

I don't see the big deal about having sex with your kids in the room, unless they were awake and watching. 

Della529
by Matlock on May. 17, 2009 at 11:26 AM

I wonder how people who lived (some still do) in one room houses/shacks/shanties/tents/log cabins would have answered that question, LOL!

Yes, when they were babies and sleeping. 

vlester
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2009 at 11:38 AM

I sure did when he was a baby in the room sleep,lol, oh well

dereksmommy1227
by on May. 17, 2009 at 12:05 PM

No I have NEVER had sex with the baby in the room. I find that to be weird and a definite MOOD KILLER!!! Even now with Derek being in his own and my husband and I get it on if he cries or anything... I'm done. I don't see how people can do it with their kids in the room.  That is like birth control for me... baby in room then you think about how babies cry & poop and whatnot... then you realize I don't want kids... then you don't want sex because sex is the leadin cause of babies. 

I'm a formula feeding, pacifier using, circumcising, pro-choice mom. I don't care how you feed your child as long as you feed your child. I turned my son's car seat around to face forward because rear facing does have weight limits! I don't believe everything the internet tells me and I listen to advice but it does not mean I'll take it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN