Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do You Have Sex With Your Baby in the Room?

Found this in the Daily Buzz....

May 16, 2009 at 9:17 AM by Cafe Suzanne

sex after baby

photo from Barnes and Noble

There's no doubt that having a baby changes your relationship. Hormones can wreak havoc on your sex drive, round-the-clock feedings can leave you exhausted, and then there's the baby. If he shares your room or even your bed, his fussing and crying could put a damper on things.

Which brings me to my question:

Do you and your partner have sex while your baby is sleeping in the same room with you?

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on May. 16, 2009 at 9:25 PM
Replies (11-19):
ellieemc2
by on May. 17, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Not if the kid's old enough to ask 'what are you doing?'

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 17, 2009 at 12:49 PM

All three of our kids did the co-sleeping thing as far as coming into our bed if they had a nightmare, etc. And no, we never did have sex while they were in there. Just didn't feel right for us and was not comfortable for us, either.

With our youngest daughter, she shared a room with us until she was about a year-and-a-half, with her crib set-up in our room. If she was asleep, we would get busy in our bed while she slept quietly in her own. We made it a point to be quiet, but that was not a problem.

Quoting Cafe GroupAdmin:

Found this in the Daily Buzz....

May 16, 2009 at 9:17 AM by Cafe Suzanne

sex after baby

photo from Barnes and Noble

There's no doubt that having a baby changes your relationship. Hormones can wreak havoc on your sex drive, round-the-clock feedings can leave you exhausted, and then there's the baby. If he shares your room or even your bed, his fussing and crying could put a damper on things.

Which brings me to my question:

Do you and your partner have sex while your baby is sleeping in the same room with you?

You know you're from Arizona when you feed your chickens ice cubes to keep them from laying hard-boiled eggs...

mirinda
by Member on May. 17, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Yeah, I've done that, many, many times.  They slept in our room until they each started sleeping thru the night (at 8 & 13 weeks, to be exact).  After they "moved out" into their own rooms, obviously there was no reason to do such things.  There was never a moments thought about if or how long my kids would be in my room/bed; my room is my sanctuary, not a playpen.  Neither of my kids has ever slept a night with us in our bed; if one of them is sick, I'm glad to go lay with them in their room.  My boys are now 10 and 5, and as much as I love them, they are well aware that they are not the sum-total of mothers existance.  They were additions to my life, not the other way around. 

.Tiggeroo87.
by on May. 17, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I sure have and I wouldn't stop if I heard him. Only if he really needed me, like a cry, but we heard him tooting at 4 weeks old and it was funny lmao...he kinda killed the buzz but we still did our thing.

I'm a pro-choicepro-optionsSingleStay at homeWelfare bummin'unemployedPart-time schoolin' Universitydisposable diapering 'cause it's easier than cleaning shit off clothSelective vaccinating 'cause I said soex-formula feeding 'cause I was just too damn lazy to breastfeedNon-circumsizing but don't give a shit if you cut your son's pludegive my kiddo pop once in a pink moonCIO since my kid was old enough to roll overCANADIANABORIGINALMAMA

luchousdiva
by Member on May. 17, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Yep I did when #3 was little.  His crib was in our room and so we had no choice.  Our house was small. 

ta1jade
by on May. 17, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Yes when dd was still a baby & she slept in the same room.

Joylynn77
by Member on May. 17, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I tried before, but it felt too weird. I felt like a pervert. Someone so innocent in the same room? I feel like I am cheating on my little boy when I have sex  - what if I got pregnant again? It's too soon - and my DS deserves my undivided attention at least untill he's older.

valkins
by Member on May. 17, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Yep! When our son is asleep for the night we definitely have our down time, and can't wait until we can have him in his own room, and then we will really go crazy, we are in a relationship; not monks living in a monastery. This is what couples do plain and simple. 

SabrinaL
by on May. 18, 2009 at 9:44 AM

I have and still do have sex with my baby in the room. My daughter is 2 now and still sleeps in a crib in our room.  We will not stop having sex just because she is in the room.  She is sleeping and has no idea what is going on.  It isn't a big deal.  When she was co sleeping we have had sex with her in the bed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN