Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hot Topic (5/17): Would you marry a prisoner?

Posted by on May. 17, 2009 at 12:02 AM
  • 25 Replies

Would you marry someone incarcerated?

Would it matter how long he had to serve or what he was serving for?

Have you ever written a letter to a prisoner?

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on May. 17, 2009 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lbranta
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2009 at 1:56 AM

I have never written to a prisoner.  And I am married already but I supposed if I wasn't that it is not out of the realms of possibility.  It would depend on what they had done, like if they had hurt or killed a child or had been in prison for hurting woman, then I would have to say NO WAY!  I can forgive many things even sometimes murder, but the things I said above I could not ever get past so I would not even talk to them or date them let alone marry them. 

tvschiulaz
by on May. 17, 2009 at 8:05 AM

No!  I have had friends in prison and have visited.  It is just not worth the aggravation, IMO.  You are more a prisoner while visiting than the prisoner themselves.

pcolovesfall
by Member on May. 17, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Nope. What can they offer me? They can't even live in society.

njpmom06
by Member on May. 17, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Nope, I think anyone that would marry someone in jail has serious mental problems.  Even someone accused of a serious crime, like Drew Peterson, that girl that is engaged to him after he is accused of killing wife #2 and #3 deserves what she gets. 

dereksmommy1227
by on May. 17, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I wouldn't marry someone who is/was a prisoner. Anyone who has done hard time obviously did something that required federal penatentery and I wouldn't want something bad to happen to me.  If it was jail like someone got a DUI and was in for 30 days that is different but someone who raped and killed someone, or someone who robbed a bank... heck no!! I would NEVER put myself into a situation where I could get in trouble 

I'm a formula feeding, pacifier using, circumcising, pro-choice mom. I don't care how you feed your child as long as you feed your child. I turned my son's car seat around to face forward because rear facing does have weight limits! I don't believe everything the internet tells me and I listen to advice but it does not mean I'll take it.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2009 at 12:02 PM

No No and No

aidans_mama
by on May. 17, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Quoting Cafe GroupAdmin:

Would you marry someone incarcerated?

Would it matter how long he had to serve or what he was serving for?

Have you ever written a letter to a prisoner?

i wouldn't marry someone while they were incarerated.  so many women visit my offenders wanting to marry them.  i am like, seriously?  i have had some of my officers dating offenders, get fired (if caught), only to end up marrying them when they get out.  weird.  i guess for me it would depend on what they were serving time for.  i have never written a letter to a prisoner...don't have to, i work with them, so i see them all the time, lol.

Scorpio359
by on May. 17, 2009 at 1:16 PM

No, my one grandfather was a judge and the other was the chief of police. There are some very mean people out there.

crazymomof2374
by on May. 17, 2009 at 3:15 PM

No,no,what kind of life would that be. I'd rather be single than marry someone in prison. 

WImom2
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2009 at 3:17 PM

NO! Nor would I stay married to a man who was sent to prison. Sorry not my thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)