Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why not have a good loving relationship with yourself?

Posted by on May. 17, 2009 at 8:18 AM
  • 3 Replies
The question just came to my mind as I finished teaching my class ...IT IS A PARENTING CLASS full of wonderful parents trying to relate to their kids in a better way...but HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT IN ORDER TO relate to other people you need to learn how to relate to yourself first?if you are not a loving person and you asked to give love ..you will have a difficult time...when you will be asked to be kind to a person who hurt your feelings and have not been exposed to kindness ...you could not relate in a proper way.. ...do you think that is important to be in a good relationship with ourselves before we can relate to other people?
Joanna...
by on May. 17, 2009 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jalex
by on May. 17, 2009 at 8:28 AM

This is a great topic and much more interesting this Sunday morning than politics.  lol morning squabbles!

I do have to be nice to myself.  I have taken courses for women in business and sales that focus on the same thing.  There is proof that if you take care of yourself and tell yourself who you are, you will undoubtedly be more successful.  You really have to be your own best friend and don't let yourself become overwhelmed with guilt or self loathing.

I am teaching my son the same thing.  He struggles with self esteem and it is empowering to to accept you are in control.  This is a great tool for fighting off self esteem issues!

Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2009 at 8:56 AM
Thank you for your great response...I thought about this topic as I WAS TEACHING THE CLASS...we HAVE a great curriculum full of parenting skills and yet how you relate to others begins with you...IF WE are not exposed to love...we can not relate to others with love...if we are unkind ..we can not relate to our kids with kindness free of power struggles.AND NEGATIVE ENERGY....and yet we are asked to relate...to perform on the outside without even looking on the inside....and we spent a life time in the pursuit of happiness without even knowing sometimes what really makes us happy...
Joanna...
Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2009 at 8:50 PM
I went to church today and even in the church some people relate to each other very bad...they have been fights up in the choir...and simply folks can not get along...we are made to form communities and relationships with each other ...but all this technology has gone over our heads...many folks have not enough time to visit or spent times with friends anymore..and this all for me generation ...is not what is all about..values and family.....
Joanna...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured