Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you think about internet dating/writing letters / falling in love with a serial killer?

Posted by on May. 17, 2009 at 8:44 PM
  • 24 Replies
I read several blogs today about the growing numbers of prison
addresses web sites coming out on the internet...it starts in a way of writing letters to lonely men in the prison...who are serving life sentences. I worked in a state PRISON HERE IN Texas years ago..my students often came and show me naked pictures from married ladies who sent them to them.and even know of teachers who were caught in the sexual act in the closets with inmates...it happens..the fact that these men are in a cage and had not have sex for so long it is very special for some of these women...some of them they do not get any attention like that from their own men... ..these women after a while are falling in love with these men and some of them having children conceived behind the prison walls...these inmates have plenty of times to write poetry,love letters and convince these ladies that even though have killed someone they will never hurt them...and these ladies waiting for the day ...their men will come home...in some cases it won't happen soon...What do you think about this issue?would you as a woman would consider writing a letter to an inmate or even try to hook up with him?
Joanna...
by on May. 17, 2009 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sooga_booga
by on May. 17, 2009 at 8:46 PM

It's not something that I would personally do.

However, I will not make assumptions about those who do..  Each to his own.

khandalogo.gif SIKH....... image by 00-H-B-K-RULZ-00

SusieD250
by on May. 17, 2009 at 8:48 PM

No. In my opinion he wouldn't be able to be a part of my daily life therefore providing for me in a way a man does just by being by your side. I would not like it. There is also the "providing for" factor monetarily and the trust issue.

lilyrose73
by on May. 17, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Never, ever, ever...  IMO you have to have some serious issues to get involved with someone in prison... like wife and baby killer Scott Peterson who is on death row gets a lot of mail from women... and one of the Menedez brothers (who killed their parents) married a lady who wrote letters to him (he will never be released)... it's just sick 

imasurvivor
by Member on May. 17, 2009 at 8:52 PM

slapping foreheadNo...not for me...it's just not my thing. 

Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2009 at 8:53 PM
my post only tries to clarify the growing problem with inmate dating..and how some of these ladies are divorcing to get involved with these guys who are serial killers...and it only starts with a simple correspondence....
Joanna...
Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2009 at 8:58 PM
I READ A COMMENT THAT ANOTHER LADY left on the blog...which states that these women are self centered and they do not have to worry about him cheating with another woman...and this is why they like these kind of relationships...
Joanna...
Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2009 at 9:04 PM
ONE OF THE BLOGGERS stated that she sees a trend in people getting involved with another person across the country...and they see each other few times out of the year...they feel very comfortable since they do not want to be close ...why not getting involved with someone behind the bars?and you already know that women fall for the bad guy...so in a way it makes sense...
Joanna...
WImom2
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2009 at 9:20 PM

NO WAY!!!!!!

jcp270
by Member on May. 17, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Not for me.  I am too needy... need cuddling, help around the house, loving on each other with no one else watching... that type of thing.  So not for me. 

Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2009 at 10:47 PM
Some OF these women think that they get their needs met in a special way...he sends them all kind of letters ,poetry .because inmates have a lot of time on their hands....and do not have to worry about them dating other women....
Joanna...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured