Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

what do you think about internet dating/writing letters / falling in love with a serial killer?

Posted by   + Show Post
I read several blogs today about the growing numbers of prison
addresses web sites coming out on the internet...it starts in a way of writing letters to lonely men in the prison...who are serving life sentences. I worked in a state PRISON HERE IN Texas years ago..my students often came and show me naked pictures from married ladies who sent them to them.and even know of teachers who were caught in the sexual act in the closets with inmates...it happens..the fact that these men are in a cage and had not have sex for so long it is very special for some of these women...some of them they do not get any attention like that from their own men... ..these women after a while are falling in love with these men and some of them having children conceived behind the prison walls...these inmates have plenty of times to write poetry,love letters and convince these ladies that even though have killed someone they will never hurt them...and these ladies waiting for the day ...their men will come home...in some cases it won't happen soon...What do you think about this issue?would you as a woman would consider writing a letter to an inmate or even try to hook up with him?
Joanna...
by on May. 17, 2009 at 8:44 PM
Replies (21-24):
cowgirlsr2
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I have heard about these women they think they will be the person who can change these men and what they do. They have no real concept of what these men have really done or what they could do to them.They just truly believe these men will change their ways for them and then find out they were merely pawns in these mens lives to help them achieve there goals of freedom and back to there old ways if they ever do see freedom.

Della529
by Matlock on May. 18, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I've heard that many of these prisoners get money from these women.  As far as me writing letters to a prisoner?  Nope, didn't write my kids dad and I certainly wouldn't write anyone else.

teammom23
by on May. 18, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Takes all kinds (shaking head). I suppose there are worse things.

Athena01426
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2009 at 5:27 PM
THIS NEW WRITING LETTERS AND TRY TO HOOK UP WITH INMATES it is a growing trend ladies..some of these men have no chance to come out...and some others they are serving for long time...I DO BELIEVE THE EXPERTS THOUGH THAT many women love wild men ...because of the excitement they create...and their need to be loved....by somebody even in prison....
Joanna...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)