Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Should Teens Be Allowed to Get a Brazilian Wax?

Posted by on May. 18, 2009 at 9:52 PM
  • 95 Replies

Poll

Question: At what age would you allow your daughter to get a Brazilian wax?

Options:

Over 18

14-17

11-13

Any age

I'd never allow or encourage it at any age!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 124

View Results

From the Daily Buzz....

Should Teens Be Allowed to Get a Brazilian Wax?

May 16, 2009 at 7:27 AM by Cafe Cynthia

tweens and teens getting Brazilian waxes

tweens and teens getting Brazilian waxes

If you're planning a family trip to the shore or a resort this summer, there's a good chance your tween or teen daughter may be working up the nerve to ask if she can get a Brazilian wax.

More tweens and teen girls seem to be getting these barely-there removals lately -- this I know from my own real-life circle of moms with older girls.

Boy, oh, boy I can't even imagine how my mother would have reacted if I had requested one when I was a tween!

She and my father nearly had a heart attack when I came downstairs one morning and announced that I had gotten a tattoo, displaying the string-bean size green and brown snake on my bicep. OMG, It was fake! It took another 10 minutes to convince them I was only joking!

And I was 22!

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on May. 18, 2009 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justgg
by on May. 18, 2009 at 10:05 PM

before i vote just a few q's.

1] what is a braziilian wax ? i know it has something to do with your bikini area!

2] who would we allow it? the place to get it done or the responsibility of the parent saying no and they do it anyway? like a tattoo need id?

3] and how long does this wax work?

sticking out tongue          eye rolling    

Cathy1983km
by on May. 18, 2009 at 11:33 PM

The Brazilian wax removes the hair around the panty line, leaving back what is known as a landing strip or a broader vertical strip. I would never allow my daughter to do this.

Quoting justgg:

before i vote just a few q's.

1] what is a braziilian wax ? i know it has something to do with your bikini area!

2] who would we allow it? the place to get it done or the responsibility of the parent saying no and they do it anyway? like a tattoo need id?

3] and how long does this wax work?

!K&M's Mama

TMJ121099
by on May. 19, 2009 at 10:31 AM

A brazillian takes off buttcrack hair too! All gone but a thin strip up the middle! You lay there with a paper thong on while a girl puts wax on your hoo-ha! fun! How embarrassing!Ha! em-BARASS-ing! Bare ass!

EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2009 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would a teen (child) need it? Who would she be showing herself to?

mymichelle2002
by Member on May. 19, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I decided a long time ago that waxing wasn't my thing but if I still offered that service (in general) I wouldn't do ANY kind of waxing on minors. Too much liability for me.

jajamama
by Member on May. 19, 2009 at 2:12 PM

why does a child that age want a wax down there. is it a "my friends are doing it "thing are they wanting to be sexy it woudl depend on the reason she wanted it . in my house it woudlnt be allowed till 16 at least

My little reason for being a work at home mommy,

if you want to find out how email me at  Meditec97@hotmail.com this is a real work at home opertunity you dont want to miss this!!!!

TaiyoandMe
by Member on May. 19, 2009 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I would allow her to get a regular bikini wax.  I mean, regardless of how modest a bathing suit is, you still might have hair that comes out.  If she's like me with fair skin and dark corse hair, it can be really embarrassing.  I don't think it's necessary to get a brazillian but if she has the money for esthetics, I feel like that is her choice.  Getting a Brazilian wax or not is not going to keep her from having sex.  That's a whole other topic!

justgg
by on May. 19, 2009 at 7:52 PM

i would say 16 and she had to pay for it! no one under that age needs to remove anything by anyone! 

ShadowRaven
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2009 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have to agree.

And I would also like to add....if she's willing to go through that pain, more power to her!

Quoting TaiyoandMe:

I would allow her to get a regular bikini wax.  I mean, regardless of how modest a bathing suit is, you still might have hair that comes out.  If she's like me with fair skin and dark corse hair, it can be really embarrassing.  I don't think it's necessary to get a brazillian but if she has the money for esthetics, I feel like that is her choice.  Getting a Brazilian wax or not is not going to keep her from having sex.  That's a whole other topic!

Come join my group, The Speakeasy!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/TheSpeakeasy

JamieLeigh02
by on May. 20, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I don't see what the big deal is about it. If my daughter (when I have one lol) wants one, I have no problem with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)