Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Rumsfeld's Biblical Defense Briefing Art

Posted by on May. 23, 2009 at 5:41 PM
  • 19 Replies

Donald Rumsfeld's Judgment-Happy, Scary, Biblical Defense Briefing Art

By Foster Kamer, 6:00 PM on Sun May 17 2009

This isn't crazy, or terrifying: alongside Robert Draper's GQ piece on Donald Rumsfeld being called out by former colleagues, they're running covers of his White House morning defense briefings. You have to see these.

Draper notes that the briefings were "a daily digest of critical military intelligence so classified that it circulated among only a handful of Pentagon leaders and the president; Rumsfeld himself often delivered it, by hand, to the White House." You have to wonder: was Rumsfeld sitting over a well-to-do Department of Defense intern, going through loads of pictures and trying to decide what colors he wanted which quotes to be? Or did he do it himself? Either way, these things have more in common with the Zodiac Killer than anything any kind of defense briefing should even remotely look like. Graphic designers, turn away. These aren't pretty, in so many ways.

http://gawker.com/5258524/donald-rumsfelds-judgment+hao-iscary-biblical-defense-briefing-art

Stand up, this is comedy. The DNA lotto may have left you smart, but can you stand up to beauty- dictator of the heart. I can stand up for hope, faith, love but while I'm getting over certainty. Stop walking God across the road like a little old lady. - Bono

by on May. 23, 2009 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Eilish
by on May. 23, 2009 at 8:11 PM

What bothers me the most about these is that the scripture is taken completely out of context.

Please Click on the Pics to follow the links!

tericared
by on May. 23, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Sweet Niblets

Palestinian People are defending themselves and their Land and their Homes against Israeli war crimes and Israeli war criminals, both military and civilian.

blondekosmic15
Wishing everyone a very happy new year~
Yesterday at 7:08 PM
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Raintree.....when a Christian prays sincerely from the heart w/ humility God will guide them to accomplish his will. Unless you have a direct line to Heaven yourself * than you do not know if God touched the hearts of those who made the strategic decisions concerning the Iraq War! You can whistle all the tunes of dissent you wish but those specifically & intimately involved are the ones who are aware of the TRUTH here. You are on the outside looking in & mind you w/ a very biased heart @ that!

God sees the entire picture...not just the consequences America may or may not experience from entering Iraq. Remember he deeply loves the Iraqi ppl. & he willingly died for their precious souls also. The American ppl. are not his SOLE interest by any means! God watched from Heaven on a daily basis the barbaric atrocities which Saddam...his 2 sons Uday & Qusay + his diabolical henchmen were committing @ any given opportunity! Ever heard of genocide?! God is also aware that you will waste no time in criticizing & demonizing the Bush Administration & their efforts to bring Democracy to the Middle East for the sake of your own liberal agenda!

Saddam Hussein's Philanthropy of Terror

Many Americans have been targeted by Saddam Hussein*

Safe Haven for Terrorists

http://www.husseinandterror.com/

tericared
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Raintree.....when a Christian prays sincerely from the heart w/ humility God will guide them to accomplish his will. Unless you have a direct line to Heaven yourself * than you do not know if God touched the hearts of those who made the strategic decisions concerning the Iraq War! You can whistle all the tunes of dissent you wish but those specifically & intimately involved are the ones who are aware of the TRUTH here. You are on the outside looking in & mind you w/ a very biased heart @ that!

God sees the entire picture...not just the consequences America may or may not experience from entering Iraq. Remember he deeply loves the Iraqi ppl. & he willingly died for their precious souls also. The American ppl. are not his SOLE interest by any means! God watched from Heaven on a daily basis the barbaric atrocities which Saddam...his 2 sons Uday & Qusay + his diabolical henchmen were committing @ any given opportunity! Ever heard of genocide?! God is also aware that you will waste no time in criticizing & demonizing the Bush Administration & their efforts to bring Democracy to the Middle East for the sake of your own liberal agenda!

Ever heard of genocide   

Great coming from you...so it is OK for Israel to commit genocide but not Hussein?

Sorry raintree,  I know this is off topic of the post. but her twisted.. typing in circles,,, delusional spewing crap,,, just pushes my buttons at times...

Palestinian People are defending themselves and their Land and their Homes against Israeli war crimes and Israeli war criminals, both military and civilian.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Blonde, DOD briefings containing biblical verses remind me of one thing- #8 on the 14 points of fascism.

Religion and Government are Intertwined.

Stand up, this is comedy. The DNA lotto may have left you smart, but can you stand up to beauty- dictator of the heart. I can stand up for hope, faith, love but while I'm getting over certainty. Stop walking God across the road like a little old lady. - Bono

tericared
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Now I feel kind of quilty of doing the same thing as BK..... yuck........

What in the hell did BK's reply have to do with the post?

sweetie00
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:28 PM

8.)  Religion and Government are Intertwined: Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed to the government's policies or actions.

In this case, Rumsfeld used religion to manipulate Bush. Not that Bush was easily manipulated....wink mini

."Either way, these things have more in common with the Zodiac Killer than anything any kind of defense briefing should even remotely look like. Graphic designers, turn away. These aren't pretty, in so many ways."

Grotesque

blondekosmic15
Wishing everyone a very happy new year~
Yesterday at 7:08 PM
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Quoting tericared:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Ever heard of genocide   

Great coming from you...so it is OK for Israel to commit genocide but not Hussein?

Sorry raintree,  I know this is off topic of the post. but her twisted.. typing in circles,,, delusional spewing crap,,, just pushes my buttons at times...

The topic IS Rumsfeld's Biblical briefing teri....a spiritual understanding you are clueless about! No need to push your buttons lady....your reasoning far surpasses the realm of delusional!

Nice try teri.....you are always conveniently silent about the genocide the Palestinian Gov't of Hamas is inflicting 24/7 upon Israel. @ least I have repeatedly denounced the unnecessary violence in reference to both sides. But of course you only read what you wish to take in concerning my comments. Whatever will boost your false argument against me. I have expressed my deepest compassion for the innocent Palestinians countless times! So your argument IS fruitless & filled w/ dishonesty as usual lady! Equally troubling is your silence about the brutal killings & tortures Saddam & his henchmen inflicted upon his own ppl. & the compassionate need to assist these innocent Iraqi citizens. The virtues are called compassion & love.....neither are selectively chosen!  Sometimes these virtues are carried in the realm of Military actions! Sadly it is more important to you to demean me as opposed to condemning Saddam for his diabolical actions & reaching out to those who have been violently victimized by this very ruthless dictator!  Disturbingly your priorities are very obvious here, teri~

Raintree
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Umm... haha.... IF the Palestinians are trying to commit genocide, they sure are terrible at it!

Israeli and Palestinian Children Killed
September 29, 2000 - Present

123 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,487 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000. (View Source)

Chart showing that approximately 12 times more Palestinian children have been killed than Israeli children

Israelis and Palestinians Killed

Chart showing that 6 times more Palestinians have been killed than Israelis.

1,072 Israelis and at least 6,348 Palestinians have been killed since September 29, 2000. (View Source)

Israelis and Palestinians Injured

8,864 Israelis and 39,019 Palestinians have been injured since September 29, 2000. (View Source)

Chart showing that Palestinians are injured at least four times more often than Israelis.

Daily U.S. Taxes to Israel and the Palestinians
Fiscal Year 2007

Chart showing that the United States gives over 26 times more assistance to Israel than to Palestinian development organizations.

During Fiscal Year 2007, the U.S. gave more than $6.8 million per day to Israel and $0.3 million per day to the Palestinians. (View Source)

Quoting blondekosmic15

Nice try teri.....you are always conveniently silent about the genocide the Palestinian Gov't of Hamas is inflicting 24/7 upon Israel. @ least I have repeatedly denounced the unnecessary violence in reference to both sides. But of course you only read what you wish to take in concerning my comments. Whatever will boost your false argument against me. I have expressed my deepest compassion for the innocent Palestinians countless times! So your argument IS fruitless & filled w/ dishonesty as usual lady! Equally troubling is your silence about the brutal killings & tortures Saddam & his henchmen inflicted upon his own ppl. & the compassionate need to assist these innocent Iraqi citizens. The virtues are called compassion & love.....neither are selectively chosen!  Sometimes these virtues are carried in the realm of Military actions! Sadly it is more important to you to demean me as opposed to condemning Saddam for his diabolical actions & reaching out to those who have been violently victimized by this very ruthless dictator!  Disturbingly your priorities are very obvious here, teri~

Raintree
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 2:59 PM

oops- http://www.ifamericansknew.org/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN