Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Rumsfeld's Biblical Defense Briefing Art

Posted by   + Show Post

Donald Rumsfeld's Judgment-Happy, Scary, Biblical Defense Briefing Art

By Foster Kamer, 6:00 PM on Sun May 17 2009

This isn't crazy, or terrifying: alongside Robert Draper's GQ piece on Donald Rumsfeld being called out by former colleagues, they're running covers of his White House morning defense briefings. You have to see these.

Draper notes that the briefings were "a daily digest of critical military intelligence so classified that it circulated among only a handful of Pentagon leaders and the president; Rumsfeld himself often delivered it, by hand, to the White House." You have to wonder: was Rumsfeld sitting over a well-to-do Department of Defense intern, going through loads of pictures and trying to decide what colors he wanted which quotes to be? Or did he do it himself? Either way, these things have more in common with the Zodiac Killer than anything any kind of defense briefing should even remotely look like. Graphic designers, turn away. These aren't pretty, in so many ways.

http://gawker.com/5258524/donald-rumsfelds-judgment+hao-iscary-biblical-defense-briefing-art

Stand up, this is comedy. The DNA lotto may have left you smart, but can you stand up to beauty- dictator of the heart. I can stand up for hope, faith, love but while I'm getting over certainty. Stop walking God across the road like a little old lady. - Bono

by on May. 23, 2009 at 5:41 PM
Replies (11-19):
PamR
by Pam on May. 24, 2009 at 4:17 PM
Sweet, yes? Rummy had no trouble prostituting religion in order to get what he wanted. I guess the ends justify the means?
Della529
by Matlock on May. 24, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Quoting blondekosmic15:
Quoting tericared:
Quoting blondekosmic15:

Ever heard of genocide   

Great coming from you...so it is OK for Israel to commit genocide but not Hussein?

Sorry raintree,  I know this is off topic of the post. but her twisted.. typing in circles,,, delusional spewing crap,,, just pushes my buttons at times...

The topic IS Rumsfeld's Biblical briefing teri....a spiritual understanding you are clueless about! No need to push your buttons lady....your reasoning far surpasses the realm of delusional!

Nice try teri.....you are always conveniently silent about the genocide the Palestinian Gov't of Hamas is inflicting 24/7 upon Israel. @ least I have repeatedly denounced the unnecessary violence in reference to both sides. But of course you only read what you wish to take in concerning my comments. Whatever will boost your false argument against me. I have expressed my deepest compassion for the innocent Palestinians countless times! So your argument IS fruitless & filled w/ dishonesty as usual lady! Equally troubling is your silence about the brutal killings & tortures Saddam & his henchmen inflicted upon his own ppl. & the compassionate need to assist these innocent Iraqi citizens. The virtues are called compassion & love.....neither are selectively chosen!  Sometimes these virtues are carried in the realm of Military actions! Sadly it is more important to you to demean me as opposed to condemning Saddam for his diabolical actions & reaching out to those who have been violently victimized by this very ruthless dictator!  Disturbingly your priorities are very obvious here, teri~

FIRST, her name is NOT TERI.  How many times has she informed you of this fact?  Yet, as usual, you continue to FAIL in listening or hearing.

Secondly, WHAT GENOCIDE?  I guess you mean all of the DIME Hamas used?  Or all of the children attacked and murdered in a school?  Oh, and surely, let us not forget the White Phosphorus Hamas used to kill Israeli's.  And, what about the fighter jets, radar and tanks used by Hamas?  Yes, Hamas had all of those ugly weapons at their disposal, didn't they?

A genocide perpetuated against Israel....okay, yeah. right. whatever. 

As far as Saddam goes, had it not been for former President Bush and the rest of the NEO-CON's promoting their agenda for war, you would NOT give lip service to any of their atrocities.  Yet, you IGNORE the gross misconduct perpetuated by our troops at Abu Ghraib, AND the gross negligence of our country leaders for invading another country under FALSE allegations and pretenses.

And, Rumsfeld and his use of bible quotes?  This type of propaganda (a blasphemous one at that) is no different than his promotion of ordering HARSH interrogation techniques at Abu Ghraib.  This man who is stuck up the NEO-CONical behind and has both hands in their pockets has no business utilizing ANYTHING from the bible.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Donald_Rumsfeld

tericared
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Nice try teri.....you are always conveniently silentabout the genocide the Palestinian Gov't of Hamas is inflicting 24/7 upon Israel. @ least I have repeatedly denounced the unnecessary violence in reference to both sides. But of course you only read what you wish to take in concerning my comments. Whatever will boost your false argument against me. I have expressed my deepest compassion for the innocent Palestinians countless times! So your argument IS fruitless & filled w/ dishonesty as usual lady! Equally troubling is your silence about the brutal killings & tortures Saddam & his henchmen inflicted upon his own ppl. & the compassionate need to assist these innocent Iraqi citizens. The virtues are called compassion & love.....neither are selectively chosen!  Sometimes these virtues are carried in the realm of Military actions! Sadly it is more important to you to demean me as opposed to condemning Saddam for his diabolical actions & reaching out to those who have been violently victimized by this very ruthless dictator!  Disturbingly your priorities are very obvious here, teri~ 

. I have expressed my deepest compassion for the innocent Palestinians countless times!   You must be referring to the countless times you have called the people of Palestine terrorist...

Palestinian People are defending themselves and their Land and their Homes against Israeli war crimes and Israeli war criminals, both military and civilian.

tericared
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:50 PM

a spiritual understanding you are clueless about!

Again you continue to type about things I have made very clear and still you choose to ignore the facts....I was a Christain for  over 20 years so me to be clueless must put me in the same boat as you...get over your self......

Palestinian People are defending themselves and their Land and their Homes against Israeli war crimes and Israeli war criminals, both military and civilian.

tericared
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Quoting PamR:

Sweet, yes? Rummy had no trouble prostituting religion in order to get what he wanted. I guess the ends justify the means?

I agree..

Della529
by Matlock on May. 24, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Quoting tericared:

Nice try teri.....you are always conveniently silentabout the genocide the Palestinian Gov't of Hamas is inflicting 24/7 upon Israel. @ least I have repeatedly denounced the unnecessary violence in reference to both sides. But of course you only read what you wish to take in concerning my comments. Whatever will boost your false argument against me. I have expressed my deepest compassion for the innocent Palestinians countless times! So your argument IS fruitless & filled w/ dishonesty as usual lady! Equally troubling is your silence about the brutal killings & tortures Saddam & his henchmen inflicted upon his own ppl. & the compassionate need to assist these innocent Iraqi citizens. The virtues are called compassion & love.....neither are selectively chosen!  Sometimes these virtues are carried in the realm of Military actions! Sadly it is more important to you to demean me as opposed to condemning Saddam for his diabolical actions & reaching out to those who have been violently victimized by this very ruthless dictator!  Disturbingly your priorities are very obvious here, teri~ 

. I have expressed my deepest compassion for the innocent Palestinians countless times!   You must be referring to the countless times you have called the people of Palestine terrorist...

Err, let's not forget BK's descriptive language/commentary which includes "MURDEROUS" & "THUGS".

spoiled_wife
by Member on May. 24, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Quoting PamR:

This is what I was thinking.

Some people will bastardize anything in order to justify their actions and desires...........

Friday
by HRH of MJ on May. 24, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Bushco, the Neocons and the PNAC crowd, which Rummy happens to be a founder, scare the crap outta me. I wish Cheney would go back to the depths of hell from whence he came.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Della529
by Matlock on May. 24, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Quoting Friday:

Bushco, the Neocons and the PNAC crowd, which Rummy happens to be a founder, scare the crap outta me. I wish Cheney would go back to the depths of hell from whence he came.

They are more deadly to America and the rest of the world than most any other of those determined "TERRORISTS". 

And, yes, Rummy is one of the ringleaders.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)