Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hot Topic (5/24): Does the Government deceive us?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:05 AM
  • 31 Replies

Do you believe the Rosie O'Donnell theory that the government blew up some of the buildings in the 9/11 terrorist attack?

Do you believe in Area 51? Do you think the government has deliberately deceived us?

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Erised
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Honestly, anything is possible...

cmb121906
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:10 AM

The gov't is very deceptive. There are so many conspiracy theories out there and such and most are not that far fetched. I wouldn't put anything past them. I'm on to their little games and I have my tin foil hats ready to go. :)

Just read my siggy, says how I feel :)

sami71
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:36 AM

I do wonder about that too.  Like, why haven't they caught Osama yet.  It shouldn't be that difficult with all of our technology and intelligence.  Maybe the gov't KNEW, and it was a wake up call for all americans to decease our consumption of  fossil fuel and start focusing on new ventures in alternative energy for our economy. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  I am so glad large gas guzzling SUV's aren't selling as well although I feel we should be able to buy them if we want.  Maybe. It's all speculation. 

anziomom
by Member on May. 24, 2009 at 12:54 AM

There are far more qualified people than Rosie ODonnel that believe our government knew of/allowed/took advantage of 9/11 attacks. The movie 9/11 Mysteries has some convincing proof.

Our government decieves us daily. It is a corrupt entity that serves corporate giants far more than it serves "us".

gogetem
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:36 AM

She's an idiot on many fronts, IMO ( and don't pull that lesbian crap on me).  Aside from HER.  YES.   The government has the general population under its thumb and doing a dang good job of it at that.

rotPferd
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 5:26 AM

I used to like Rosie til she started running her mouth about politics. I don't believe 911 was a conspiracy and I don't think we will ever really know what happened, not minute by minute anyway. I do believe in area 51 but I don't think it has anything to do with aliens. I wouldn't exactly call it being deceived either. Some things are just best if kept secret. Ppl tend to panic.

MawagaMom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:30 AM

I know they have.  My grandfather raised me and worked for the government.  He always told me that I was only being told half the truth and sometimes it is better that way.  Do I believe that it is better?  It can be but how you trully trust it.  Do I believe him that they deceive us and hide information?  Yes. 

MissBearNMonkey
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Watch Zeitgeist (zeitgeistmovie.com), it's got some very interesting theories about 9/11, including the idea that it was either allowed to happen or directly facilitated by our government. Very compelling, thought-provoking film.

There's also the Truth Movement. Google it.

There are wingnuts in EVERY group, especially ones that revolve around passionate issues. Keep that in mind when researching any topic.

That said, I think that a lot  A LOT of money has been generated since 9/11. Heck, Cheney's Halliburton just received an $8 million bonus their subsidiary KBR's work on electrical installations that ELECTROCUTED American soldiers. Clearly the value of human life to the forces at work here is inconsequential when there are no-bid contracts involved. It also benefits them when the people who are paying for those contracts are scared and angry and willing to pay whatever costs to "protect" their families, homes and other interests.

SPEAK OUT! News & Debate

BRAINY BOOKS! BRAINY BOOKS! BRAINY BOOKS!

IhartU
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 9:05 AM

I don't think the Government had anything to do with 9/11, but I do think they have their secrets and I respect that. National Security is a top priority and you can't the people everything.

I don't know if I believe in secret groups within the Government controlling certain things- seems possible...

Della529
by Matlock on May. 24, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I'll just put it this way.  Al-Qaeda sounds very similar to the Arabic words for "The Shit" (I speak a little Arabic).  What kind of Muslim terrorist group is going to name themselves "the shit"?  Maybe one that was a covert creation?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)