Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hot Topic (5/24): Does the Government deceive us?

Do you believe the Rosie O'Donnell theory that the government blew up some of the buildings in the 9/11 terrorist attack?

Do you believe in Area 51? Do you think the government has deliberately deceived us?

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
cmb121906
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Quoting MissBearNMonkey:

Watch Zeitgeist (zeitgeistmovie.com), it's got some very interesting theories about 9/11, including the idea that it was either allowed to happen or directly facilitated by our government. Very compelling, thought-provoking film.

There's also the Truth Movement. Google it.

There are wingnuts in EVERY group, especially ones that revolve around passionate issues. Keep that in mind when researching any topic.

That said, I think that a lot  A LOT of money has been generated since 9/11. Heck, Cheney's Halliburton just received an $8 million bonus their subsidiary KBR's work on electrical installations that ELECTROCUTED American soldiers. Clearly the value of human life to the forces at work here is inconsequential when there are no-bid contracts involved. It also benefits them when the people who are paying for those contracts are scared and angry and willing to pay whatever costs to "protect" their families, homes and other interests.

Ive seen that movie, it was very good. It has made me question a TON of things. NWO I think is a very real thing. Im all for conspiracy theories

JJTaylor
by Member on May. 24, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Let's see... you kind of gave a double edged sword IMO. 

First do I believe Rosie O'Donnell is anything but a nut job?  HELL NO!  She's a blow hard and has no reason to be thinking she knows all there is to know about 9/11 and the theory of our own government blowing up buildings and killing their own private citizens is NUTS!  I know there are people that want to claim there are many sides to 9/11, however, history will show you that IF the government had something to do with 9/11 other then ignoring warning signs that is, and do you not think we would have started to hear about something by now?  Someone somewhere shouting from some roof top with some evidence other then what Ms. O'Donnell continues to spout.

Now on the other hand, do I think the government with holds things from us or "hides" things from us?  Absolutely!  Without any shed of doubt there!  I am fairly convinced that there have been things that have been hidden throughout history.  I am sure our government has chosen things that they assume will upset Americans, make us panic or cause unnecessary issues afterwards. 

Do I believe in area 51?  Well, I do think we have had instances that show pretty valid signs that we have been visited by something not of Earth; with that being said I also think it's plausable (if you believe we are being visited from far off) that one or more of these "visits" may have resulted in a crash landing or accident of some sorts that left there transportation unable to work... and therefore they crashed somewhere on our planet; potentially if this theory is valid then maybe our government has this evidence someplace hidden.  Do I think it's area 51?  Who knows.  I do think there is highly classified scientific experiments going on and possibly area 51 is one of those locations, many residents near or around this area 51 have shown videoed evidence that would indicate our government might be creating new things to be used in the future for war or private reasons.

I think we are never told an entire story, I don't think our government will ever give us complete and utter truth; not sure why, other then many assume we as a nation will not handle whatever it is.  I am sure we have been almost at war, almost at disasters several times over throughout the United States' creation. 

I am guessing there are many that also feel this way or the many movies that have been created many times over would not be as popular as they have been over the past 25+ years. I realize they are all FAKE, but, it does make people think about the "What if's" that could possibly be true!

tericared
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Quoting anziomom:

There are far more qualified people than Rosie ODonnel that believe our government knew of/allowed/took advantage of 9/11 attacks. The movie 9/11 Mysteries has some convincing proof.

Our government decieves us daily. It is a corrupt entity that serves corporate giants far more than it serves "us".

this

Palestinian People are defending themselves and their Land and their Homes against Israeli war crimes and Israeli war criminals, both military and civilian.

sweetie00
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Yes, I do believe the govt. had ALOT to do with 9/11. Absolutely, without a doubt. Even my left wing radio shows won't entertain the idea for fear of the govt. or being considered a wing nut. But I believe it, absolutely. It's just too weird that the USA could not or did not prevent this. Where was Dick? How much money did he make as a result? Why haven't we, the USA, been able to catch Osama? It's been 8 years ppl, what's up??? Does the govt. lie to us? Do cats meow?

valkins
by Member on May. 24, 2009 at 12:58 PM

I wouldn't put stock & stow in Rosie O'Donnell; but yeah I would say that it's possible as far as the government is concerned. I don't put trust in people who decide how things should be ran, and pulling a lot of strings. Plus anything is possible in this day and age.

stormcris
by Christy on May. 24, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Ditto. When people realize the United States is a corporation it might make everyone see it different.

Quoting tericared:

Quoting anziomom:

There are far more qualified people than Rosie ODonnel that believe our government knew of/allowed/took advantage of 9/11 attacks. The movie 9/11 Mysteries has some convincing proof.

Our government decieves us daily. It is a corrupt entity that serves corporate giants far more than it serves "us".

this

mamadixon
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Of course the government has deceived us,but now that Obama is in office we can all breathe easy,right?

PERSONAL CHOICE=PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY=PERSONAL REWARD=LIBERTARIAN

shelbysmom139
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Yes, I do believe the government deceives us.  There is a lot more than 911 and area 51.  What about Desert storm?  Where is the chemical war fare?  How is we do not here anymore about that?  Have they found the chemicals? Why did all are soldiers come back sick?  According to Dr.Gary Null it was vaccines.  What about vaccines > Why did we go from 12 to 36 before a child is 5. What about autism?  If this mother that ran off with her cancer stricken boy  to do alternative  treatments if it cures him do you think you will ever here from them again?  But if he dies it will be all over the news. What about fluoride it is in our water, didyou know they used fluoride in world war 2 to make the prisoners  more compliant? So why is it in our water, to make us compliant so we can not fight back?  What about the chem trails?  What is it? I was once on a Navy oilier, we had an oil leek a few miles from the Big Island, we pulled up next to a cruse ship.  That night on the news There was a story (and I mean story) about how the cruse ship had an oil leek?  In my opinion they do what they want and nothing is the truth.  The news does not report true facts when it comes to government,  the government has there own agenda and WE THE PEOPLE need to take control back.  So yes I do believe in area 51, and I do believe the government caused 911.

dereksmommy1227
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Probably. The governement are a bunch of liars.

I'm a formula feeding, pacifier using, circumcising, pro-choice mom. I don't care how you feed your child as long as you feed your child. I turned my son's car seat around to face forward because rear facing does have weight limits! I don't believe everything the internet tells me and I listen to advice but it does not mean I'll take it.

shelbysmom139
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Agreed!

Quoting dereksmommy1227:

Probably. The governement are a bunch of liars.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN