Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hot Topic (5/24): Does the Government deceive us?

Do you believe the Rosie O'Donnell theory that the government blew up some of the buildings in the 9/11 terrorist attack?

Do you believe in Area 51? Do you think the government has deliberately deceived us?

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Replies (21-30):
resamerie
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2009 at 4:11 PM

I think anyone that puts a single thought into what Rosie O'donnell has to say about politics like she is some sort of expert needs their head examined. It's getting a little old having stars using their public forum acting like they're political experts. Hust like we have a president now that is a politician now but wants to act like he's a movie star. In now way do I think that our government had anything to do with 9/11.

As far as our government and area 51, of course the government can't tell us everything that goes on. They do lie. Maybe because if the let out every little detail about what they're doing or plan to do, we're giving our enemies a blue print. In any war, it's the element of surprise that wins wars in the end.  

Friday
by HRH of MJ on May. 24, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I don't believe that our govt or any part of it was behind 9/11, however I would not be surprised if it someday came out that they were. I do believe Bushco had a good idea it was coming and ignored it to make it easier to further their agenda.

I don't know about Area 51. I find it hard to believe there is no other intelligent life in the universe but don't know if we have ever been visited.

Yes, the US Govt lies and hides from us on a regular basis. 

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Della529
by Matlock on May. 24, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Quoting resamerie:

I think anyone that puts a single thought into what Rosie O'donnell has to say about politics like she is some sort of expert needs their head examined. It's getting a little old having stars using their public forum acting like they're political experts. Hust like we have a president now that is a politician now but wants to act like he's a movie star. In now way do I think that our government had anything to do with 9/11.

As far as our government and area 51, of course the government can't tell us everything that goes on. They do lie. Maybe because if the let out every little detail about what they're doing or plan to do, we're giving our enemies a blue print. In any war, it's the element of surprise that wins wars in the end.  

Hee hee, just a few points to ponder:

We now, supposedly, have a president who wants to be a rock "star".  However, we did have a "star" who wanted to be president (and did).

We have a government who some believe had nothing to do with 9.11, but we have a 9.11 Commission report that indicates that our government didn't take seriously reports it was given to the effect that an attack was planned "using planes".

We have a military installation that some citizens believe "government cannot tell us everything" and "they (government) lie", but this is only in order to prevent "giving our enemies a blue print", or fodder, against us.  Or, to prevent a nationwide panic.

Will someone please define INSANE and IRONY?

Quote:

Garland Greene: What if I told you insane was working fifty hours a week in some office for fifty years at the end of which they tell you to piss off; ending up in some retirement village hoping to die before suffering the indignity of trying to make it to the toilet on time? Wouldn't you consider that to be insane?

Garland Greene: Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118880/quotes

Merry74
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Are you SERIOUS?!  The same people who think GWB was a blabbering idiot also think his administration pulled off 9-11?  Right.  You can't have it both ways.  If what some of you (and others I've spoken to) really believe our government perpetrated (I am not talking about incompetence, but actual actions taken to bring down the Twin Towers), that means the GWB administration pulled off one of the most complex conspiracies of all time.  Do you know how many people would have to have been involved in that?  And you think there wouldn't be one whistle-blower?  The sheer fact that the cover-up would have been next to impossible makes the theory laughable at best.

Has (and does) the government screw up?  Oh heck yes!  And do they always tell the truth?  Heck no!  But if 9-11 was an "inside job" the whole world would know.

Eilish
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Do you believe the Rosie O'Donnell theory that the government blew up some of the buildings in the 9/11 terrorist attack?

I believe that the attacks did not go down the way we were told. I have yet to be convinced that the government was directly involved, but I would buy an indirect involvement.

Do you believe in Area 51?

I believe Area 51 exists, but I do not believe it is an alien cover-up. I believe it is a testing facility for military secrets.

Do you think the government has deliberately deceived us?

YES! Just research the history of the Federal Reserve System.

Please Click on the Pics to follow the links!

Eilish
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Quoting Merry74:

Are you SERIOUS?!  The same people who think GWB was a blabbering idiot also think his administration pulled off 9-11?  Right.  You can't have it both ways.  If what some of you (and others I've spoken to) really believe our government perpetrated (I am not talking about incompetence, but actual actions taken to bring down the Twin Towers), that means the GWB administration pulled off one of the most complex conspiracies of all time.  Do you know how many people would have to have been involved in that?  And you think there wouldn't be one whistle-blower?  The sheer fact that the cover-up would have been next to impossible makes the theory laughable at best.

Has (and does) the government screw up?  Oh heck yes!  And do they always tell the truth?  Heck no!  But if 9-11 was an "inside job" the whole world would know.

Just FYI ... if you research the Illuminati and their level of power throughout the world, you would see how that conspiracy could be pulled off.

Please Click on the Pics to follow the links!

Della529
by Matlock on May. 24, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Quoting Eilish:

I believe that the attacks did not go down the way we were told. I have yet to be convinced that the government was directly involved, but I would buy an indirect involvement.

Do you believe in Area 51?

I believe Area 51 exists, but I do not believe it is an alien cover-up. I believe it is a testing facility for military secrets.

Do you think the government has deliberately deceived us?

YES! Just research the history of the Federal Reserve System.

Eilish, I believe in indirect involvement by the government, Area 51 (with some limited belief that the residents saw 'something'),

BUT....when it comes to the FED...

HECK YES, WE (some, anyway) HAVE BEEN DECEIVED!   Especially where these bailouts are concerned.  A whole bunch of RICH corporations, financial principals and stockholders get themselves into financial trouble and then, the FED turns around (after a number of years of exalting our prowess in finance and real estate), and claims without government intervention (BAILOUTS), America will financially collapse?

SO...WHAT does this sound like?  To me, it sounds like a number of people in the top 5% made money while the rest of us are going to have to pay!!

lbranta
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2009 at 6:47 PM

I am not sure that the government is behind those things, but I do believe they deceive us constantly so if it came out that they were behind it then I would not be surprised at all.  I just don't think I have enough info to assume they are behind that.

EnigmaMuse
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:50 PM

I can't say that I agree with this Rosie O'Donnel personl. I'm not real sure who she is.. So I can't say if I agree with her or not in regards to issues invovling our government.

BUT.

Do I believe our government has, can and is not above deceiving the public. Absolutely our government has deceived us in the past, will do so in the future as well.

Nixon and his follies

Iran Contra

WMDS in Iraq

those are just recent history where we know the government has actively deceived the American public to one level or another.

luckcharm
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2009 at 10:59 PM

While I don't believe the government held a part in 9/11 other than not preventing something that could have been preventable I do believe that the government does withhold all of the truth on things.   I think some of it is because of security reasons and things along those lines and some of it is because of them not wanting to reveal bad things they have done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN