Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hot Topic Poll: The end of "don't ask, don't tell?"

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:44 AM
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think about this policy?

Options:

I support this policy

I don't support this policy

I don't care about this policy. We have bigger fish to fry

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 60

View Results

Will it be the end of "don't ask, don't tell?"

According to White House spokesman Robert Gibbs, President Barack Obama is committed to reversing the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy instituted in 1993. This policy blocks gays from serving in the military if they reveal their sexual orientation.

President Obama's administration has drawn some ire from gay rights groups who feel that the administration is not moving fast enough to repeal the policy.

Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell stated that the military has no plans to repeal this policy and that the White House had not asked for it to be overturned.  However, Morell backed off this position a few days later
and reiterated President Obama's committment to ending this policy.

< The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ain-gell72
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:48 AM

I hope it is done away with! who gives a flying fuck if the soldier is gay! can they hold a gun and protect me the same way as a straight man? yep!

IhartU
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Good! This was the dumbest friggin' policy EVER.

lilyrose73
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Quoting ain-gell72:

I hope it is done away with! who gives a flying fuck if the soldier is gay! can they hold a gun and protect me the same way as a straight man? yep!

I agree.

eaglemama2
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 12:26 PM

clapping

Quoting ain-gell72:

tericared
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:32 PM

I agree with everyone above...

Palestinian People are defending themselves and their Land and their Homes against Israeli war crimes and Israeli war criminals, both military and civilian.

sweetie00
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:45 PM

I agree with ladies above, as well. BO better get his ass in gear and do this. There have been good, needed soldiers dismissed bc of this. Arabic translators, etc;

izzybear0217
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Well put and I agree

Quoting sweetie00:

I agree with ladies above, as well. BO better get his ass in gear and do this. There have been good, needed soldiers dismissed bc of this. Arabic translators, etc;

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
dereksmommy1227
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Why is it any of your business if a person is gay or straight?  Why should someone have to hide who they really are because there are a bunch of bible thumpers who "don't agree" get the hell over it.  Gays are people to. If you don't like it then don't be gay.  If a gay wants to serve our country then let them... at least they are doing something.  If you have a problem with it then why don't you serve our country?  Why don't you take the spot of a "gay"?  You won't so mind your business and let them be who they are.

I'm a formula feeding, pacifier using, circumcising, pro-choice mom. I don't care how you feed your child as long as you feed your child. I turned my son's car seat around to face forward because rear facing does have weight limits! I don't believe everything the internet tells me and I listen to advice but it does not mean I'll take it.

conniecabe
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I agree with the above replies.  Don't ask, Don't tell has disqualified many qualified men & women from serving proudly in our armed forces.  It needs to go away permanently.

HC-DEMOCRAT_2008.jpg Hardcore Democrat image by garzajams

resamerie
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Quoting dereksmommy1227:

Why is it any of your business if a person is gay or straight?  Why should someone have to hide who they really are because there are a bunch of bible thumpers who "don't agree" get the hell over it.  Gays are people to. If you don't like it then don't be gay.  If a gay wants to serve our country then let them... at least they are doing something.  If you have a problem with it then why don't you serve our country?  Why don't you take the spot of a "gay"?  You won't so mind your business and let them be who they are.

good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)