Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls Post YouTube Video on How to Kill Sixth Grade Classmate

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:39 PM
  • 15 Replies

Girls Post YouTube Video on How to Kill Sixth Grade Classmate

Sunday, May 24, 2009
filed under: moms are talking about

KING5: A Pierce County mother wants some answers after some of her daughter's classmates posted a video online, showing several ways to kill the girl.

PIPER270.jpg

YouTube

The video is a cartoon that was made off school grounds by a group of young girls aged 11 and 12.

That video made the rounds on YouTube.

The cartoon is called "Top Six Ways to Kill Piper" and it includes depictions of give girls shooting her, making her commit suicide, poisoning her, and even pushing her off a cliff.

"I was horrified," said Beth Smith, Piper's mother.

Beth Smith says the cartoon targeting her daughter was posted on YouTube to a Hannah Montana song called "True Friend."

Piper is a 6th grader at Elk Plain School of Choice and the girls who made the video attend the same school.

"It really hurt my feelings," said Piper. "If someone hates me that much, to make a video about me, it makes me feel really bad."

Beth Smith contacted the parents of the girls who made the video. Some were shocked, others were dismissive.

"One guy blew it off and said he was making dinner," she said.

The school district says because of privacy rules it can't say how the girls were disciplined.

"Since then the students have expressed their remorse about this incident and we do believe that Elk Plain has been and will continue to be a safe place for students to learn," said Krista Carlson, Bethel School District.

Not knowing what happened leaves Smith frustrated because she wants to know if her daughter is safe.

"My heart aches," she said. "I fear for her safety."

Piper said some of the girls called to apologize.

A report was filed with the sheriff's department.

What are your thoughts?

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tericared
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Those girls need to be arrested.

Palestinian People are defending themselves and their Land and their Homes against Israeli war crimes and Israeli war criminals, both military and civilian.

alohamalu
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I would not waste any time in removing my child from that school.  I wouldn't trust that the girls are remorseful, or that the school administration even disciplined the girls.  And I really wouldn't trust the school administration to keep my child safe. 

mazomama
by Member on May. 24, 2009 at 10:47 PM

OMG!!!! It scares me to think how hurtful people can be even at such a young age!

*Estrella*

imasurvivor
by Member on May. 24, 2009 at 11:21 PM

jaw dropWhat an absolute hateful thing to do...I'm almost left speechless!

luckcharm
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Privacy issues should keep the school from telling news people and the general public how the kids were disciplined,  not from telling the parent of the wronged student.   How is this mother supposed to know if it is safe to send her child back to school?

It blows my mind how cruel kids can be.  And the fact that one of the parents just blew it off?  Now theirs some good parenting.

elliephant
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Unbelievable!!!

OMG.

My house would be on the market the next day.

DawnVirgin
by Member on May. 25, 2009 at 12:44 AM

This made me cry...I have a daughter who is 11 and going to be in the 6th grade. I have always worried about crap like this happening, but never in my nightmares would I think that little brats at that age could be this way. How horrible.

wedding website

BeautyfulMommy
by New Member on May. 25, 2009 at 1:44 AM

That is horrible kids these days are so mean i was born with a cleft lip and i know i am truly worried for my son to grow up in a world like this and yet i know i cant protect him what do you do when theres nothin you can do.

baby dustBeautyfulMommy

jrdnjstn00
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2009 at 2:44 AM

I just want to know what the hell are parents teaching their kids that makes them want to hate someone so much that they want to kill them? These girls need a reality check and their parents too.

YouTube is a joke. They claim to monitor videos that are posted. How can they monitor every single video that is posted. If no one complains then it will stay up until someone says something.  YouTube is the "cool" thing with the kids and everyone wants their 5min of fame and being cruel seems to be the in thing. I hate YouTube and I really watch it. I do have a few videos up but to share with friends and family and none of my videos hurt anyone or anything and they are probably boring to most but oh well.

I would get a protective order or something on these girls because that is serious. It's not a joke to post a video about how to kill someone. Scarey to think what these girls will grow up to be

momaof8
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2009 at 8:14 AM

Kids have always been this cruel. I would pull my kid out in a heart beat. I homeschool because the public school system is full of kids like this.

Check out my book http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Yes-They-Are-All-Mine/Linda-Dyson/e/9781438909295/?itm=3   You can help save lives check it out !

reading

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)