Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Apparently we will deport only it seems it has to be an 11 year old from Poland

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:02 AM
  • 8 Replies

11-Year-Old Cumming Girl Fighting Deportation

Posted: 5:14 pm EDT June 8, 2009Updated: 6:22 pm EDT June 8, 2009

CUMMING, Ga. -- A family is fighting an immigration mix-up that may force them to send their 11-year-old daughter back to Poland.The Forsyth County girl, whose father is a U.S. citizen, could be deported if she doesn't leave the country by July.Ewelina Bledniak hasn't been in Poland since she was 2 years old, but now immigration officers are ordering her to return and wait a year before she can come home."I was really sad because I'm going to have to leave so much," said Ewelina.The 11-year-old, who goes to school in Forsyth County, is seen as an illegal immigrant by the feds."She has to leave (the) country before July 23, if not, she'll be deported. If she stays here and they deport her, she will not get back here for 10 years," said Agnes Bledniak, Ewelina's mother.

LORI GEARY: 11-Year-Old Cumming Girl Fighting Deportation

"It was a mistake of my previous attorney," said Hubert Bledniak, Ewelina's father.The news came as a shock to Ewelina's parents. Her mother has a green card and her father is a U.S. citizen. Hubert Bledniak said they just found out their attorney missed a deadline in 2001 that would have allowed Ewelina to apply for her green card while in the United States."It's going to be about a year," said Hubert Bledniak.It will be a year that Ewelina must spend in Poland. She doesn't remember much about her home country because she hasn't been there since she was a toddler."It's going to be really sad because I'm very comfortable speaking English," said Ewelina."She spent most of her life over here. She came here when she was not even two and now she's 11," said Hubert Bledniak.Agnes Bledniak said she will stay with her daughter as long as she can in Poland. As a business owner, Hubert Bledniak said he can't leave for that long and faces the possibility of not seeing his daughter for a year because of the paperwork mix-up."I don't think that this is moral...just to separate families like that," said Hubert Bledniak."I changed schools before. It wasn't that bad but this is going to be very different," said Ewelina.The Bledniaks have a new attorney, but are not optimistic this will be worked out by the July 23 deadline, so they've already bought their plane tickets to Poland.Ewelina will stay with her grandmother in Poland until she gets her green card.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19694567/detail.html

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rosepetal209
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:20 AM

Well Im sure that this ONE 11 year old is much more of a drain on taxpayers than the 11 million other illegals in the US. That must be why they are forcing her to leave. Lord knows the Feds ALWAYS know what the hell they are doing. *Big Fat Eyeroll*

The more I hear the more I begin to think that you must have an IQ lower than dog shit to work for the federal government

Della529
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Where has "Common Sense" gone?  Oh yeah, I remember reading the obit a while back.

Malapertinent
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Quoting Della529:

Where has "Common Sense" gone?  Oh yeah, I remember reading the obit a while back.

LMAO!

I just want to give the parents kudos for doing the right thing to begin with.  Getting a green card status for his wife, hiring an attorney to help with the process.  Good on them!

I can't imagine (at least I can hope) that the courts recognize that due diligence was not provided by a legal rep who was more than likely paid an exorbitant amount of money to keep his family here LEGALLY!

I think I saw that obit too.

One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered

rnjMOM
by Rachel on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Wow. This is a sad situation. They did everything right and are still trying to do the right thing. Instead of demanding they belong here, or going on the run, they actually bought plane tickets to Poland and arranged for her to stay with family while she is there. Good for them for doing the right thing and trying to work with the system instead of bucking it even though the system is wrong. I hope someone takes notice and lets this poor little girl stay with her family.  Kudos to this family. They deserve to be here! I hope this works out for them. 

Rachel

lilyrose73
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:39 AM

I wonder why immigration doesn't care this much about the illegals who were in US prisons for committing violent crimes... and then who were released right back into the US after serving their sentences.... something is messed up here.

like this :

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6115223.html

Happytime
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:23 AM

From all the Illegals having babies to anchor them in America, the revolving door at the borders they have to go alter a little Kiddo like this? they need to get their act together, or we do as voters, its getting old.

stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:08 PM

No no I think they have finally floated off to corrupt Candy Land now.

Quoting Della529:

workathome01
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM
This is bull. I live on the border in Tucson, az and I see illegals here all the time, and alot of them are a-holes and act like we need to cater to them and speak their language. I can't believe this sweet little girl who's parents were trying to have her here the RIGHT way is going through this. Why?? Why, is all I can say. Why her and not any of these stupid jerks here in my town? I'm sorry, I have little to no respect for illegal immigrants (those that cross into the borders knowingly illegally and not even trying to do anything legal for it, so definitely not describing the family of this sweet girl) especially after I've heard a story of a family leaving behind their 3 year old in the desert to die just to cross here. THOSE immigrants need to be shot. The ones in this story, they belong here. Her dad is a business owner, so obviously paying his fair share of taxes and living like a normal citizen should. And they are on the right track, so WHY, stupid US government? Why is this little one being deported??? Our government is screwed up. I can't always say I'm proud to be an american, I'll tell you that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)