Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Politics of Old? More of the same?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:19 AM
  • 1 Replies

Cantor complains Pelosi refuses to meet with him
Posted: 06/08/09 08:35 PM [ET]

Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) says he has requested to meet privately with Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) this year, but has been repeatedly rebuffed.

In an interview with The Hill, the minority whip said, “I have been told that Speaker Pelosi doesn’t like to meet with Republicans … I would say that is the case in my instance. I have put in requests to meet with her and have yet to be responded to.”

Hours later, Cantor would be on the House floor, questioning whether the Speaker should continue to receive intelligence briefings.

In his floor comments, Cantor grilled Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), claiming that Pelosi should no longer receive briefings in the wake of her accusation that the CIA lied to her about the use of torture in 2003.

The Hoyer-Cantor exchange became testy, with Hoyer asserting that he is confounded by Cantor’s logic, calling it “incomprehensible.”

Pelosi’s office did not comment for this article.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/cantor-complains-pelosi-refuses-to-meet-with-him-2009-06-08.html

" she dosnt like meeting with Republicans?"

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Malapertinent
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:41 AM

LOL...

One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)