Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MEN are looking for younger women? what is wrong with older women?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:02 PM
  • 47 Replies
I was on a relationship web site and you would be surprised when it comes to LOVE /dating/relationships older men lie about their age to pick up women not older than 26 years old...ONE LADY said it was a major turned off ...because these man ere unattractive with pot bellies and no hairline..but were way too immature to find a woman in their own age group..some others commented that men had unrealistic expectations..and were emotionally challenged and damaged...I love this term...emotionally damaged...What do you think about this new trend?
Joanna...
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetie00
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Well, it is not a NEW trend. LOL. But older women with younger men is on the rise. WOOT WOOT, Hubby and I always joke about this to each other. We will trade the other in fr a younger model. HAHA

As for the some men with younger women, yes, they are insecure, shallow, and like a younger women to make them feel wanted and needed. Those ones aren't worth having, anyway. Find yourself a younger man! Or one who loves you for you-not your age, I know that sounds corny, but seriously.

Talee
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I dont think its a new trend really. IMHO most men want younger women...my ex husband always stared at younger women at the mall, even the teenagers....it was sickening. When we divorced he went to Thailand, Russia and Mexico to find the perfect younger wife. He is now married to a girl in Tijuana and lives there.

They are thinking with their genitals. 

barbishome
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:24 PM

There is nothing wrong with older women. If men think younger women are the way to go, then more power to them. However some young women might not want a career in geriatrics. These  kind of men better think thing's through before trying to regain youth through someone else.

Talee
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:28 PM

I know a few guys that prefer older women simply because they seem to know what they want and are more mature. I wouldnt mind being with someone 10 years older than myself at this point...but I am pretty happy with my BF he is 5 years younger (like that is a big difference)

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:41 PM

It's common in other countries, I think we're just catching up. haha. I heard this on the radio talk show yesterday and they said the formula for a man to pick a woman is 1/2 his age, plus 7 years. So you figure a 40 year old guy with a 27 year old woman. His point was that he was settled in his career, and financially okay. She was done with school, for the most part, and getting ready to get her career going. Her sex drive would be what he thinks his is (haha). The guy said it's a formula that works alot (not sure where he does his research).

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:51 PM

It's simple biology. Men want younger women because they are better for producing offspring, women tend to want older men because they are more secure. That might not be what they are thinking when they post an ad or check someone out at the mall but that is where it stems from.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

BlueStarMom88
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:07 PM

my hubby is old enuff to be my father but it wasn't planned out that way AT ALL!!!! 

Athena01426
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:31 PM
GREAT REPLIES...but it said on this relationship site that the cut off age is 26 years old...and some of these men are choosing younger women even though they have kids from previous relationships....somehow the age of 26 it appears to be trendy...
Joanna...
Athena01426
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:33 PM
I CAN NOT SEE MYSELF being with someone twice my age so he can feel like my grandpa...MY HUBBY AND I are 5 years apart...and works for us...
Joanna...
dereksmommy1227
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I personally don't like the idea of dating a man younger than me however I think it should be within age range. I'm 22 so I wouldn't date anyone older than 25 (if I wasn't already married) I don't get turned on at all by men twice my age.  Thats like my dad's age and that is gross.  Some women wanna be with older men go for it but personally... its weird.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)