Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THis is why we need to celabrate having a black President.

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:52 PM
  • 181 Replies

I cried when I saw this this.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Malapertinent
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Where exactly do you think these kids get their opinions from?

One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered

DaisyRae
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM

This is horrible, no one should think they are ugly or bad just because of their skin tone. 

sad

goldd_e_loxx
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM

How is this connected in any way to the celebration of a black president? 

mamadixon
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:01 PM

For the record...Mr.Obama is as much a white man as he is a black man.

Disturbing video.Someone is seriously slacking in the parenting dept.

How  people  treat  you  is  their  Karma , how  you  react  is  yours.

Forget-me-not
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I don't see how a black president is going to change the way people raise their children. Just like the pp said these kids get these ideas from their parents, their families from people they are surrounded by... not by the president or his color. I'm sorry but black, white or green I would question what kind of parents these kids have, and perhaps what they have been exposed to to form such thoughts in their heads.

Quoting Malapertinent:

Jennifer, Crunchy Student Midwife, Wife and mother to Hannah 12, Abby 8 and  BABY BOY  In June. Ask me about freebirthing?

DaisyRae
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Quoting goldd_e_loxx:

How is this connected in any way to the celebration of a black president? 

Having a black President offers a completely new outlook for children who are told they don't have a future because they are black. We are constantly being shown this image of black people as drug addicts, alcoholics, abusers, etc...and kids are very perceptive to this. There are still far too many white people who hold this racist outlook on black people that their parents and grandparents had. Being the President is like the ultimate achievement, its such a respectable position and for children to see that it is not restricted from them because they are black, brown, orange...whatever color, this is a reason to celebrate!
jgirl04
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I'll admit this video is upsetting to all parents. But what does this have to do with a 1/2 white 1/2 black president? I'm sick of people saying Obama is black. I as well as everyone else can see that. He's American, that's all that matters...

CafeMom Tickers
Happytime
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I think the most important question is why is it important at all that he is black? or as Mamadixon pointed out half white?

Is this where so many people derive their self importance? where is it going to lead all these people when/if he is a failure?

Im not sure at all that we can find any value with substance by claiming victory for a race, especially when the nation is sinking like the Titanic.

mamadixon
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM

and there isn't enough life boats..you can be very sure of that.

Quoting Happytime:

I think the most important question is why is it important at all that he is black? or as Mamadixon pointed out half white?

Is this where so many people derive their self importance? where is it going to lead all these people when/if he is a failure?

Im not sure at all that we can find any value with substance by claiming victory for a race, especially when the nation is sinking like the Titanic.

How  people  treat  you  is  their  Karma , how  you  react  is  yours.

emilysmom1966
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:13 PM

TV, the media, other kids, their parents.

Quoting Malapertinent:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)