Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mother gave birth so quickly her baby slid down her trouser leg

Mother gave birth so quickly her baby slid down her trouser leg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1191646/Mother-gives-birth-trouser-leg-baby-makes-unexpected-pain-free-arrival.html

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 7:59 AM on 09th June 2009

A mother told of her shock today after she unexpectedly gave birth at home so quickly her baby daughter slid down her trouser leg.

Katherine Allan, 23, was having regular contractions, but was told by the hospital they were still too far apart to require treatment.

However moments later tiny Hannah made her surprise appearance at the bottom of the stairs as Katherine's partner Alan Moore, 25, helped her walk.  

Katherine Allan

Special delivery: Katherine Allan, pictured with partner and proud father Alan Moore, wearing the grey tracksuit bottoms she gave birth to baby Hannah in, who popped out and slid down her leg in a sudden and pain-free birth

Little Hannah, who weighed 8lb 5oz, literally popped out where she stood and rolled down the front left leg of her grey jogging pants.

Petrol station worker Alan dived to scoop up Hannah just as she slid out across the floor - still attached to her mother via her umbilical cord.

The unexpected birth happened so quickly that Katherine did not feel any pain as the baby arrived at the couple's home in Milton Keynes, Bucks.

Katherine, who was preparing to go into hospital after her contractions got to seven and a half minutes apart on May 9, said the whole thing had been 'quite an ordeal'.

The full-time mother to two other sons, Ben, five, and Michael, three, said her previous labours had lasted up to 12 hours and stunned by the ease of this birth.

She said: 'I got to the bottom of the stairs and I just felt this massive urge to push when all of a sudden my waters broke all over the hallway carpet.

'I was in total shock at the speed of things and Alan turned a funny shade of green but he reacted really quickly to dive and catch Hannah when she rolled down my leg.

'It was a bit strange seeing this little lump roll down my jogging pants which was actually my daughter.

'My other births definitely weren't this easy and I will always recommend standing up to do it in future.' 

Katherine wrapped Hannah in a towel and sat on the stairs waiting for ambulance staff to arrive, with the baby's umbilical cord still stretching down her leg, out of the bottom of her pants and up to her baby.

Paramedics and a midwife checked Katherine's condition before they decided she didn't need to visit the local hospital and sent her to bed for a rest.

Alan said: 'I was watching Katherine about to start climbing the stairs when all of a sudden she started screaming saying the baby was coming.

'I couldn't believe my eyes when it appeared and rolled down her leg - I was just thinking I can't let it hit the floor and dived to catch it.

'The whole think was frightening but really brilliant and I was a very proud dad when I cut the umbilical cord with the help of the paramedics.

'I feel like I have done more in a few hours with my daughter than some dads manage in the first few months - it's exhausting but fantastic.'

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 11:51 PM
Replies (11-16):
Randi02
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 1:11 PM

That's not a very flattering picture.

I can't imagine what kind of shape she must be in "downstairs" to have a baby just FALL out.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sagely
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Take a look at that Daddy!  Talk about glowing...

PamR
by Pam on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:15 PM
My sister-in-law was a L&D nurse for many years. They had a woman pull up to the ER, having given birth in the car. She was so flustered by the baby coming so quickly, she didn't think to pull her pants down, so the little guy was in her pants leg. Her was fine and the nurses called him Baby Levi (for her jeans, ya know?).
kaynadjaysmom28
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Wow. That is a great story. I wish I can deliver my kids that way through my pants leg. The baby must have thought wow this is a very long tunnel. I know it is not a joke but, it is just a nice story. Nothing bad happened. The baby was healthy. And, I guess the baby was really excited to come out and could not wait any longer. I am now in a good mood after reading this.I did not hear about this til now.

ColtsFan1912
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:55 PM

wow that is fast!

my mom has my brother real fast (not that fast though lOL) he was born in the elevator

"They look up to the stars and wonder where You might be.They look up. Without realizing they're standing in the palm of Your hand.I can't explain or understand. I just love You." -Blindside

ColtsFan1912
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:57 PM

oh  maybe they should of put her in a black dress & a hot pair of red stillettos

those are the pants she had the baby in.

Quoting Randi02:

That's not a very flattering picture.

I can't imagine what kind of shape she must be in "downstairs" to have a baby just FALL out.

"They look up to the stars and wonder where You might be.They look up. Without realizing they're standing in the palm of Your hand.I can't explain or understand. I just love You." -Blindside

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN