Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Pelosi on Taxes and Health Care

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:48 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have been in support of government health care but I was wondering how they were planning on paying for it. After watching the linked video I am certain the idea of taxing the employers might just finish off what is left of our highly unstable job market. What is your opinion?

by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 3:50 AM

she needs to go 

Stephanie a non vaxxing/cloth diapering/full term breastfeeding sahm who is wanting another but waiting/WoW addicted momma to a 2yr old princess
lilyrose73
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Quoting mmtosam06:

she needs to go 

I agree.  All that Botox she gets has frozen some of her brain cells...

For Dems... taxing health benefits wasn't a good idea when McCain suggested it, and he wanted to give a $5000 tax credit to each family.  Now all of a sudden, it's "on the table."  What I fear will happen if they decide to tax our benefits, is that employees will drop their employer sponsored insurance and sign up for the Gov's plan.... then taxes will have to get raised anyway because everyone and their brother will be on the Gov's plan... and *presto* we have a single payer system (which is what I think they really want.)

Happytime
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Everything is on the Table,

So everything meaning all my money is on the table, my ability to supply food and housing for my Daughters is " on the Table". Make no mistake about it, 90% of these politicians are all for Chaining us to the IRS, all so they can help ensure their re-election, its Putrid. 

lilyrose73
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 10:16 AM

And why is raising taxes their solution to everything?  What happened to BO's promise that no one making under $250,000 would see their taxes raised?  I mean, I knew it was a load of crap, but millions of people seemed to believe him...

stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 12, 2009 at 11:20 AM

It seems to me that they are making it impossible (if they go through with this) for employers to keep holding insurance.

Quoting lilyrose73:

Quoting mmtosam06:

she needs to go 

I agree.  All that Botox she gets has frozen some of her brain cells...

For Dems... taxing health benefits wasn't a good idea when McCain suggested it, and he wanted to give a $5000 tax credit to each family.  Now all of a sudden, it's "on the table."  What I fear will happen if they decide to tax our benefits, is that employees will drop their employer sponsored insurance and sign up for the Gov's plan.... then taxes will have to get raised anyway because everyone and their brother will be on the Gov's plan... and *presto* we have a single payer system (which is what I think they really want.)

iluvmommyhood58
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 11:24 AM
Quoting stormcris:

I have been in support of government health care but I was wondering how they were planning on paying for it. After watching the linked video I am certain the idea of taxing the employers might just finish off what is left of our highly unstable job market. What is your opinion?

That's a real and valid concern. It would probably depend on whether or not the tax would compare to what employers pay now for private health care. I think it might prove great for big corporation and really, really bad for small business. (As if small business needs that)

Quoting Happytime:

Everything is on the Table,

So everything meaning all my money is on the table, my ability to supply food and housing for my Daughters is " on the Table". Make no mistake about it, 90% of these politicians are all for Chaining us to the IRS, all so they can help ensure their re-election, its Putrid.

We're already collateral to the Federal Reserve. (Which isn't actually Federal and only reserves for itself, as far as I understand)

THE ANSWER TO 1984 IS 1776

MySpace Codes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)