Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

drug sellers

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 9:50 AM
  • 13 Replies

Just a question because i am curios. I do not condone the sell or use of drugs.

If you sold drugs to someone and they overdose and die should you be charged with murder?

by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristinaleann
by Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM

sure, i think so.. Its that  way with Alcohol. If you sell a person alcohol and they drink it, drive down the road and get in a wreck. The person who sold it will also get in trouble..

ive learned that from getting my permit to sell alcohol when i worked in convenient stores.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM

no ... (the dealer) didnt force this person to buy or use ...

my ex was faced w/ this (crazy!). he sold this girl and 8ball of coke , we find out from her cousin (whose my old neighbor) that she od'd ... well when they found out what drugs was in her system , it was WAY more than coke , and mixed with the 30 sum pills in her system,the injections and alcohol thats how it happened , than her cousin even found the 8ball and there wasnt enough taken out to even get her high , so we are led to believe it was the pills and things ... after that , all the hits out on my ex from her man , we had to call it quits , i was too young to be in that! last i heard , he turned hisself around after it happened , he doesnt sell or do it anymore so ...

im a 22 y/o UNMARRIED mother of 2 who-speaks & types exactly how she wants-loves the 360-loves takin pics-is never seen w/o her blackberry-loves rap & r & b music but also loves her emo punk shit-waits on her man hand & foot-keeps to herself-is very outspoken-will say whatever is on her mind (ignorent or not)-but also has a sensitive side & is there for anyone who needs her-had her son at 17,finished highschool,and isnt with her 1st borns father-doesn't have her son currently living with her-has a white son and a bi racial daughter-is with her daughters father-is pro choice-is a formula feeding-disposable diaper using-non cio-co sleep when i feel like it-circumcised her son-vaccinates both children ... so yea somethings may be the 'typical teen mom sterotype' but until you get to know me, you DON'T know me ... & whatever you don't like about me -- I DON'T GIVE'A FUCK!

athenax3
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM

What if they od on legitimately prescribed pharmaceutical drugs? Or sniff too much paint or airplane glue? Or od on cough syrup? In theory I have to say I wouldn't weep for drug dealers, but in reality I don't know that it would be practical- hmmm....

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 10:05 AM

No, that would just be playing the blame-game. People have to take responsibility for their own actions.

stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 12, 2009 at 11:39 AM

They do charge them so whatever works.

http://www.twincities.com/news/ci_12560262?source=rss

Not to mention that if I sold you something that ended up being dangerous to you and I got you killed because I knew it was dangerous I would be charged too. (Example: If I sold you a motor bike knowing that the front wheel would pop off and you drove it and died I would be charged)

mayzell
by Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM

If you sold someone something you knew could harm them, you should be held liable for there death. IF you knew before you sold it to them.If not then it would be different.

LaNette000
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 1:48 PM

yes, if that person selling drugs was off the street, then the one using wouldn't have anywhere to get them. I say put the dealer in jail! Help the one abusing because he/she needs to get clean!!! I hate people selling drugs knowing they are bad and cause no good. Some people who repeatedly using them should be forced to get clean! Or go to jail as well!

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jun. 12, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Are doctors, pharmacies or rx companies liable if they prescribe meds and someone od's?

If we ended the stupid war on some drugs and regulated them incidents of overdose or getting a bad batch would be greatly reduced.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

LaNette000
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:03 PM

I think so, especially if dispensed incorrectly!

Quoting Friday:

Are doctors, pharmacies or rx companies liable if they prescribe meds and someone od's?

If we ended the stupid war on some drugs and regulated them incidents of overdose or getting a bad batch would be greatly reduced.

ladyluke2007
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Yess, without a doubt.

Loving Wife of John and Proud Momma to Ashley-21,Matt-19,Tim-18,Tasha-16, Becca-14, Davy-12, Tommy-6 & Elijah-5 month &  Grandma of Sarah-2 & Liam - 5-30-09

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured