Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DTV?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

Are you ready for digital television today? Tonight at midnight, there will be no more analog television.

While I can't stop it from happening, I feel that something like this should have been put to a public vote. The government did this without any input from the public, and before anyone says I should get over it, I still feel it is wrong that the geovernment did so. ( my dh and I are in a heated disagreement over it, lol)

yes- I am ready for the change. I have cable, but what about those who don't have cable, a digital tv, or the money they need even after a coupon? those people are shit out luck, and so are their children, if they have any. I told my dh that I felt my tax dollars should go for the boxes to be given free of charge, since no one asked for the change, but he says no.

What do you ladies think? Do you like the change about to happen? Do you feel it should have been handled better by the government for a transition?

by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Pepperlynns
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:41 PM

The change is already happend..we have dish and a HDtv so we dont have to worry about it...people had plenty of time to be ready..and after the coupon it only cost 5-10 dollars.....

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken..

I'm a 30 yr old mom to 3 kids 9,7,5 yrs old..Wife to  the greatest man in the world of 11 yrs..SAHM..Not looking or giving advice on how to raise MY/YOUR kids..I'm a smoker,a toker,a social gulper..We live in Texas..Im spiritual,anti-gun,non-organic,swearing,President respecting woman..We make good money and buy American made products..

ain-gell72
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:42 PM

here in ohio, the coupon was for 40 dollars, the remainder to be paid was another 40, some people I feel don't have that extra 40 lying around, kwim?

Quoting Pepperlynns:

The change is already happend..we have dish and a HDtv so we dont have to worry about it...people had plenty of time to be ready..and after the coupon it only cost 5-10 dollars.....

ain-gell72
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM

wanted to add, yes- people had plenty of time, but the transition was put off the first time for three months and they said on the news that 2 million people are not ready for the change.

dereksmommy1227
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Well honestly its probably a blessing for those who don't have the money to buy a new tv or get cable.  Those kids are actually better off to. This isn't that big of a deal and if you can't afford TV then good... do something else with your kids.  

My Body My Choice

iluvmommyhood58
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Quoting ain-gell72:

wanted to add, yes- people had plenty of time, but the transition was put off the first time for three months and they said on the news that 2 million people are not ready for the change.

That's ridiculous. They've been talking about the switch for at least 2 years!! I was very irritated when they extended the transition date. Do they want to wait until the last procrastinator has their box? Just transition. If someone didn't prepare, let it be a lesson then.
ain-gell72
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:50 PM

lol, that was the one thing my dh and I did agree on with the whole subject! lol

Quoting dereksmommy1227:

Well honestly its probably a blessing for those who don't have the money to buy a new tv or get cable.  Those kids are actually better off to. This isn't that big of a deal and if you can't afford TV then good... do something else with your kids.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured