Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG..WTF..Can anyone tell me why this is soooooo wrong?!!

Posted by   + Show Post

ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA; NEWS TO BE ANCHORED FROM INSIDE WHITE HOUSE
Tue Jun 16 2009 08:45:10 ET

On the night of June 24, the media and government become one, when ABC turns its programming over to President Obama and White House officials to push government run health care -- a move that has ignited an ethical firestorm!

Highlights on the agenda:

ABCNEWS anchor Charlie Gibson will deliver WORLD NEWS from the Blue Room of the White House.

The network plans a primetime special -- 'Prescription for America' -- originating from the East Room, exclude opposing voices on the debate.

MORE

Late Monday night, Republican National Committee Chief of Staff Ken McKay fired off a complaint to the head of ABCNEWS:

Dear Mr. Westin:

As the national debate on health care reform intensifies, I am deeply concerned and disappointed with ABC's astonishing decision to exclude opposing voices on this critical issue on June 24, 2009. Next Wednesday, ABC News will air a primetime health care reform �town hall� at the White House with President Barack Obama. In addition, according to an ABC News report, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, WORLD NEWS, NIGHTLINE and ABC�s web news �will all feature special programming on the president�s health care agenda.� This does not include the promotion, over the next 9 days, the president�s health care agenda will receive on ABC News programming.

Today, the Republican National Committee requested an opportunity to add our Party's views to those of the President's to ensure that all sides of the health care reform debate are presented. Our request was rejected. I believe that the President should have the ability to speak directly to the America people. However, I find it outrageous that ABC would prohibit our Party's opposing thoughts and ideas from this national debate, which affects millions of ABC viewers.

In the absence of opposition, I am concerned this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda. If that is the case, this primetime infomercial should be paid for out of the DNC coffers. President Obama does not hold a monopoly on health care reform ideas or on free airtime. The President has stated time and time again that he wants a bipartisan debate. Therefore, the Republican Party should be included in this primetime event, or the DNC should pay for your airtime.

Respectfully,
Ken McKay
Republican National Committee
Chief of Staff

source..DRUDGE

by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 9:59 AM
Replies (91-100):
PestPatti
by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Quote:

they also need to run the banks...people just need a modest amount to live

Oh my so many comments to say about this one.  Where to start.. Hmmm are you HIGH.  Do you see the idoticness *(if its not a word it is now) of this statement.  

Patti says >>>>>

debj49
by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 11:42 PM

It is wrong because they are only promoting one veiw point that of one person and party that he has conveinced this is the way to go and  that no one elses opinion counts. When they take away our right to choose about our healthcare they take our life into their hands. They will say what doctors you can see and when, what you can be treated for and what you can't and what meds you can take and what you can't. If they don't think you should go to the doctor or hospital then you won't be going and so you die. i.e population control. Think I'm joking, talk to people in other countries where socailized medicine is.

DEB J Owner/Administrator  

Moms With Adult Children, Raising Young Children Or Grandchildren  

http://www:cafemom.com/group/748                                                                              

Happytime
by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Quoting debj49:

It is wrong because they are only promoting one veiw point that of one person and party that he has conveinced this is the way to go and  that no one elses opinion counts. When they take away our right to choose about our healthcare they take our life into their hands. They will say what doctors you can see and when, what you can be treated for and what you can't and what meds you can take and what you can't. If they don't think you should go to the doctor or hospital then you won't be going and so you die. i.e population control. Think I'm joking, talk to people in other countries where socailized medicine is.

Great Britton has a 45% survival rate for cancer , the US has a 65% rate ... hmmmm

Go to fullsize image

Happytime
by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Quoting PestPatti:

Quote:

Oh my so many comments to say about this one.  Where to start.. Hmmm are you HIGH.  Do you see the idoticness *(if its not a word it is now) of this statement.  

Especially when the only thing they can run is a mouth, Biden excluded ofcourse...

Go to fullsize image

mamadixon
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2009 at 11:47 PM

plus the US has like 8 times as many people...just isn't going to work.

Quoting Happytime:

Quoting debj49:

Great Britton has a 45% survival rate for cancer , the US has a 65% rate ... hmmmm

mamadixon
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2009 at 11:48 PM

That is Biden's specialty isn't it! LMAO...

Quoting Happytime:

Quoting PestPatti:

Quote:

Especially when the only thing they can run is a mouth, Biden excluded ofcourse...

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Quoting mamadixon:

That is Biden's specialty isn't it! LMAO...

Quoting Happytime:

Quoting PestPatti:

Quote:

I think they may have finally realized that it's safer to keep Joe shushhhhhhhhhed.

cowgirlsr2
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 2:46 AM

This is why people are leaning more and more towards Hitler oops I meant Obama trying to Socialize our country.He wants to control every aspect of our lives no freedoms down to controlling our banks our cars now health care next will be utility use which they are working on that in a few bills  # s548 and # 2454 .The next thing will be the food we eat ooh wait we have the farming bill can't find the number on that one but it restricts family farming and farmers markets.So I say not much more left for them to control except extremely personal stuff you know what I mean ladies

Quoting debj49:

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 3:45 AM

Quoting cowgirlsr2:

This is why people are leaning more and more towards Hitler oops I meant Obama trying to Socialize our country.He wants to control every aspect of our lives no freedoms down to controlling our banks our cars now health care next will be utility use which they are working on that in a few bills  # s548 and # 2454 .The next thing will be the food we eat ooh wait we have the farming bill can't find the number on that one but it restricts family farming and farmers markets.So I say not much more left for them to control except extremely personal stuff you know what I mean ladies

Quoting debj49:

Sorry girl, you forgot one as far as food goes.The newly proposed taxes on chips and soda and anything else deemed unhealthy.

Hmmmm... I wonder if the taxes on Kool-Aid are going to start going up????

cowgirlsr2
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Quoting resamerie:

Quoting cowgirlsr2:

Quoting debj49:

Sorry girl, you forgot one as far as food goes.The newly proposed taxes on chips and soda and anything else deemed unhealthy.

Hmmmm... I wonder if the taxes on Kool-Aid are going to start going up????

So many bills so little time but seriously we were talking about a bill like that a few months ago and low and behold.Think I'll check my house for taps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured