Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girl, 12, allowed to live with boyfriend, 15, ends up pregnant

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 3:36 PM
  • 57 Replies

Monday, June 15, 2009 

A 12-year-old girl who was allowed to live with her 15-year-old boyfriend is about to become one of Australia's youngest mothers.

The girl's mother allowed the couple to begin living together when the girl was just 11-years-old, and that's when the two started sharing a bed together.

When the girl's father — who does not live with her — complained several times to staff at the New South Wales Department of Community Services, they failed to do anything about the situation, The Daily Telegraph reported.

The girl's father discovered his daughter was pregnant in March when he gained custody of her.

Authorities said because the children were both under the age of consent, and the girl failed to make a complaint of sexual abuse when she was interviewed, they were unable to act.

The girl will be offered continuing counseling, parenting advice and educational services. A plan is also in place to provide care for the baby — when the child is born later this year.

Your reaction?  Would you ever allow your teenage daughter to live with her teenage boyfriend?

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmb121906
by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 3:39 PM

17 MAYBE and depending on the situation, but nothing younger.

sarah969
by Member on Jun. 16, 2009 at 3:40 PM

hell no none of my under age daugther will never be aloud to live with her boyfriend

banner2.jpg picture by Songtress1986

realPatientMama
by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Absolutely not.  No ands ifs or buts about it.

ta2dirishlass
by Member on Jun. 16, 2009 at 3:42 PM

I'd like to say never, never, never, but when she is 17, who knows how I'll feel?

But 12? Not on your life.....

Karatemomlisa
by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 3:44 PM

She's 12, she's not even a teenager.  My dd is 14 and I wouldn't let her do that.  That dad has a right to be upset.  I saw an article much longer than this one, more about the mom's relationship and I just get a weird feeling like this involves more than just a mom letting her dd be loose.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jun. 16, 2009 at 3:44 PM

The mom should be investigated for child neglect.

Juliets1
by Member on Jun. 16, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I'm sorry...but no freaking way this would be happening. That mother needs a swift kick for allowing this to happen, along with the boys parents. My DH moved out when he was 16 and lived with his gf and I think that is too young. 17 MAYBE. But not younger.

Dogs in Hot Cars

copperpenny1954
by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Hell has frozen over, we agree! How c an a mother be OK with this?  jaw drop

athenax3
by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

yep...

MONAinpa
by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 3:50 PM

THE acticle said the girl failed to report sex abuse? I hope they don't mean by the boyfriend. THey are both under age. It should be the parents of the two child. WHat about the boys parents?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured