Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Girl, 12, allowed to live with boyfriend, 15, ends up pregnant

Monday, June 15, 2009 

A 12-year-old girl who was allowed to live with her 15-year-old boyfriend is about to become one of Australia's youngest mothers.

The girl's mother allowed the couple to begin living together when the girl was just 11-years-old, and that's when the two started sharing a bed together.

When the girl's father — who does not live with her — complained several times to staff at the New South Wales Department of Community Services, they failed to do anything about the situation, The Daily Telegraph reported.

The girl's father discovered his daughter was pregnant in March when he gained custody of her.

Authorities said because the children were both under the age of consent, and the girl failed to make a complaint of sexual abuse when she was interviewed, they were unable to act.

The girl will be offered continuing counseling, parenting advice and educational services. A plan is also in place to provide care for the baby — when the child is born later this year.

Your reaction?  Would you ever allow your teenage daughter to live with her teenage boyfriend?

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 3:36 PM
Replies (51-57):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jun. 17, 2009 at 4:43 PM

HA HA HA  Actually... it wasn't too long ago.  I am only 23.    So it was 2002... But I agree things do change.  And my situation was a complicated one.  My mom was sick (she is now on medication for Bi-Polar are we are great friends)... but my B/F's dad was at the house to take me to work because my car was getting fixed and my mom went into one of her tirads saying she regretted having me and didn't want me anymore so my BF's dad said, "fine, she's coming home with me".  That was it... I lived there until I graduated high school and went to college.  So my situation isn't the norm.  :) 

As for my husband's parents, they didn't have to watch much because Tom was in college and only home on the weekends...  But we were responsible and that is just how we are.  We got married 2 1/2 years later  :)

And for this girl...she was 12!!!!!!  That is just crazy to me!!!!

Quoting ShadowRaven:

That was how many years ago? I'm not saying you're old at all, but things change lol. And I'm sure his parents were much more watchful than this mother was. She is completely unstable. After all, she not only allowed her 11 year old (the girl was 11 when he moved in with them) to have a 15 year old boyfriend, but she allowed him to move in as well as share a bed with the girl.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Quoting ShadowRaven:

Once he is of legal age, ds will be free to do what he wants. Before then, his butt belongs to me and SO. And no way in hell would we allow that to happen.

What the hell did this mother think would happen? I'm soooo sure that a girl, of any age, would remain a virgin while living with her boyfriend.

I was 16 living with my BF and his family and we weren't having sex.

drinkingmarinestoddler boy   baby girl
   Jess & Tom     Riley     Ami
     12/28/04           06/05/07   05/11/09

sweetie00
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 4:45 PM

my reaction? wtf?---- would i allow it ? hell no

krissyvelazquez
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 4:55 PM

This would not happen in my home. I will never allow my daughter of 12 years old have her boyfriend move into my house.  I would not let my daughter's boyfriend move into the house at any age.  I do not condone this type of behavior and refuse to allow my kids to be so stupid.  This mother did everything in her possibility to make sure her daughter got pregnant.  I would like to know what is going to happen.  12 years old is too young to get pregnant.  There is no way her body can handle this.

witch_e_woman
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 6:18 PM
Its obvious the mother of the child shouldnt just be Investigated but placed in a Mental Facility as well.

What kind of sick minded woman is she to allow her "child" to sleep w/ a guy that age anyway??

One more thing here to wonder about, What about the boys parents?

Did they know (How couldnt they know)?
Why didnt they do anything to prevent their son from doing this?

Why arent his parents being investigated & thrown in a Mental Facility as well ????
Toy-Toy414
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 8:43 PM

I would never allow that to happen. My kids aren't even able to have a boyfriend or girlfriend until they're 16yrs old and even then they're very well monitored.angry

Mom2LiamNMolly
by Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 8:50 PM

When I was 17, I was practically living with my 22 year old boyfriend... and my mom knew it. HOWEVER, I was already in college (I graduated a year early from HS) and I had TWO jobs and was pretty mature... or so I thought. I DID end up pregnant at 17. Looking back, I had no clue what I was doing....

SO NO, I WOULD NOT LET MY TEENAGE DAUGHTER LIVE WITH A GUY as long as she was a minor!   

proud-mom-two-kids.gif                                                                         Stefanie - Mom to Irish Twins Liam 7/07 (IUGR) and Molly 06/08 (IUGR,  Developmental Delays, Pre-Natal Stroke) and Wife to Mark since 2006.

ellieemc2
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Quoting copperpenny1954:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

The mom should be investigated for child neglect.

Hell has frozen over, we agree! How c an a mother be OK with this?  jaw drop

Maybe her boomerang hit her in the head

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)