Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Fox Nation Embraces White Supremacists

Posted by   + Show Post

It’s not really surprising given the racism and intolerance shown by Fox Nation “citizens;” but for them to actually support white supremacists, in the US Army, is a bit – ah – unsettling. When I read the article in Salon, about how the military’s admission’s standards have been loosened to accept white supremacists, I was appalled. Not so Fox Nation whose outrage about the Homeland Security Report, caused by their belief that the report targeted “conservatives,” seems to indicate that they either have no problem with white supremacists or that they are the white supremacists who do, sorry Fox Nation, bear monitoring. Anyway, here are some choice comments from the “volk” in the Fox Nation Fatherland responding to the Fox Nation headline: "Far-Left Media Accuse U.S. Army of Enlisting Neo-Nazis."

Folks from the Fox Nation Reich seem to think that having white supremacists, in the military, is fine because it’s just another political opinion. They are saying that who cares about politics when in a battle. Of course, the notion that having white supremacists (who – ah – hate brown/black/non Christian people) is a problem for troop morale (the military is very diverse) seems to be missing from the equation as is the problem of having racist white supremacists based in lands where there are brown/black/non Christian people. But “Bob” from Louisiana* summed it up with his hope that the neo Nazis will assault liberals. Gotta love that “mutual respect” that Fox Nation fosters.

*Bob from Louisiana's comment:

Left is afraid they will target them!! lol, God we hope!!!!!!! Have a good day lefties.

by on Jun. 16, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Replies (21-27):
aidans_mama
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Quoting Je_Jette_Poo:

Let me say this first, I do not support the white supremacist groups.

There are going to be people in the military who are racist. Not just the WS, I'm talking all races. Since they have to uphold the militarty standards just like everyone else, I doubt they'll physically harm your husband, and if they do, they will go to jail and be kicked out. They didn't join to go to jail and be kicked out. If we don't allow the WS to join, we shouldn't let anyone who has racist ideals join. My husband was sitting next to me last night when I was reading this and he said he has come accross many racists in the military, not just from whites, from all.

When I come accross someone who is racist against me for my race, I just ignore them. If I was in the military and someone was being an ass to me, I'd ignore them. Their ignorance isn't worth my time.

Quoting aidans_mama:

Quoting Je_Jette_Poo:

Ah. I hear people bitch about how not enough men and women are joining the military and I hear people bitch about what kind of people are in the military.

If they want to serve the country, I don't care. Gay, Nazi, Jewish, Christian, Islamic, whatever the fuck else. Who cares?

Personal views don't matter to join.  Registered gang members aren't allowed. No matter what your personal views are, you still have to uphold the military standards.

i care.  i'm sorry, but there is no way on God's green earth would i ever be okay with my husband serving alongside an individual who valued their race over his.  i don't see this benefiting the military in any way. 

my husband was severely injured in Iraq, he has come across many racists while being in the military and he is much better than me at ignoring them.  he said that it would have been a lot better for him if he knew that they weren't there.  the same ones who hated him for being black, hated him there (in iraq), and still hated them when he got back.  difference is, there was something "worth" hating more in iraq.  i don't expect war to change their views, but if it does, good for them, i just don't feel comfortable knowing that a gun is being given to a out-in-the-open-and-proud-of-it-racist and he is fighting alongside my husband in a hugely diverse military.  just doesn't sit right with me.  hubby can deal with it, i can't.  the only type of person i think should be excluded from the military really are those who are clearly racist.  i am not only worried about my husband or anyone else in the military who has to serve alongside these hateful beings, my concern is also for those who our military comes into contact with.  who is to say that these ignorant individuals suppression of their true feelings won't come out when dealing with people who aren't in the miltiary, especially in a time of war?  like i said earlier, i don't trust hateful individuals with guns.  my husband dealt better with this than i can.

i didn't say (write) that you supported these WS and i don't believe that you do support WS.  I understood what you were saying, i just didn't agree with it.  :)

Wh1tney
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 1:16 PM

I would be completely against it on the grounds of, their views belittle all other minorities so much they feel they don't even have the right to exist.  How can they try to bring about peace and well being in other countries if they despise them.  The Navy for example does ALOT of humanitarian work all over the world.  The simple act of providing food, medical needs, a literal helping hand goes against EVERYTHING these WS groups believe in.  Also, I am not naive in thinking there are NO racist in the military but I wouldn't want to open the flood gates to make that statistic sky rocket.  When they (they also being my husband) are over there they are risking  their lives to save each other,  they literally put their own selves in harms way to help fellow soldiers.  I don't want my husbands life in the hands of soldiers who see him as nothing more than  a "piece of sh*t  n*gger." Little petty things like purposefully not covering a minority soldier as he runs from one side to another just becuase he hates the face that he breaths. The only joy they would probobly get out of the whole deployment is killing all the Iraqis as part of what they feel is getting them closer to a  "racial cleansing" . 

mamadixon
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Very good point.

Quoting ashleehoward:

I agree,and the WS know who will be alongside them during battle,black/brown/non christians. So obviously they want to do something for their country. Their views might change in the end

Quoting Je_Jette_Poo:

Ah. I hear people bitch about how not enough men and women are joining the military and I hear people bitch about what kind of people are in the military.

If they want to serve the country, I don't care. Gay, Nazi, Jewish, Christian, Islamic, whatever the fuck else. Who cares?

Personal views don't matter to join.  Registered gang members aren't allowed. No matter what your personal views are, you still have to uphold the military standards.

Je_Jette_Poo
by Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Quoting aidans_mama:

Quoting Je_Jette_Poo:

Let me say this first, I do not support the white supremacist groups.

There are going to be people in the military who are racist. Not just the WS, I'm talking all races. Since they have to uphold the militarty standards just like everyone else, I doubt they'll physically harm your husband, and if they do, they will go to jail and be kicked out. They didn't join to go to jail and be kicked out. If we don't allow the WS to join, we shouldn't let anyone who has racist ideals join. My husband was sitting next to me last night when I was reading this and he said he has come accross many racists in the military, not just from whites, from all.

When I come accross someone who is racist against me for my race, I just ignore them. If I was in the military and someone was being an ass to me, I'd ignore them. Their ignorance isn't worth my time.

Quoting aidans_mama:

Quoting Je_Jette_Poo:

i care.  i'm sorry, but there is no way on God's green earth would i ever be okay with my husband serving alongside an individual who valued their race over his.  i don't see this benefiting the military in any way. 

my husband was severely injured in Iraq, he has come across many racists while being in the military and he is much better than me at ignoring them.  he said that it would have been a lot better for him if he knew that they weren't there.  the same ones who hated him for being black, hated him there (in iraq), and still hated them when he got back.  difference is, there was something "worth" hating more in iraq.  i don't expect war to change their views, but if it does, good for them, i just don't feel comfortable knowing that a gun is being given to a out-in-the-open-and-proud-of-it-racist and he is fighting alongside my husband in a hugely diverse military.  just doesn't sit right with me.  hubby can deal with it, i can't.  the only type of person i think should be excluded from the military really are those who are clearly racist.  i am not only worried about my husband or anyone else in the military who has to serve alongside these hateful beings, my concern is also for those who our military comes into contact with.  who is to say that these ignorant individuals suppression of their true feelings won't come out when dealing with people who aren't in the miltiary, especially in a time of war?  like i said earlier, i don't trust hateful individuals with guns.  my husband dealt better with this than i can.

i didn't say (write) that you supported these WS and i don't believe that you do support WS.  I understood what you were saying, i just didn't agree with it.  :)

Haha, I didn't think you were. I was just saying that before someone could accuse me of it.

I understand where you are coming from. I guess I just hope that people can put aside their differences to do the job they signed up for.

My husband served alongside a man who had "brown pride" tattooed down his forearm. They had no problem because they were just doing their job. I'm guessing the guy put aside his differences to get the job done so he would be able to go home. The point is, there are gonna be racists at every job. 

mrs_khan07
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2009 at 1:30 AM

I don't think the WS has any place in the military. I'll be the number of "friendly fires" would increase greatly and the victims would no be white. WS has a sick view of what our country stands for and I say, if they want to be in the military, let them stand in the front lines by themselves.

Mrs. Khan

Je_Jette_Poo
by Member on Jun. 18, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Quoting mrs_khan07:

I don't think the WS has any place in the military. I'll be the number of "friendly fires" would increase greatly and the victims would no be white. WS has a sick view of what our country stands for and I say, if they want to be in the military, let them stand in the front lines by themselves.

All ethnic groups have racists in the military, what about the ones who have "brown pride" tattooed on them. Or peopel with "asian pride" tattooed?. Why is that just the WS who have the problem?

Malapertinent
by on Jun. 18, 2009 at 2:11 AM

Isn't this more of the same we keep hearing about?  Creating paranoia and fear?  WS are everywhere! 

I empathize with women of soldiers of ALL colors for their safety and agree that they have enough worry having their DH's oversees fighting for OUR country w/out the need to fear their own.

It's NOT illegal to be a WS.  Please do not misinterpret that statement.  I do not agree with the WS.  It is their FREE choice to think that way.

The idea of Fox supporting Turner Diary thumping WS is as ridiculous as the hysteria these types of threads create.

Difference with this one, is the shoe is on the "other" foot of extreme paranoia and "fear mongering."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN