Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Big Brother

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 7:21 PM
  • 10 Replies

How do you feel about street cams, public surveillance cams, even Google Earth cams?

I got one of those speeding tickets in the mail with the photo enforced ticket. It was creepy having a picture of my car sent to me in the mail. (BTW, I was going 28 in a 20 zone) Do you think this type of surveillance is a good thing or too much intrusion, even in public places?

I hear that London has a camera in just about every nook and cranny in the city. To "fight terrorism", or so I'm told.

by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 7:23 PM

I have no issues with them.

Talee
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 7:25 PM

I never like them...but...

I had to take traffic school for a speeding ticket and some of the videos they had shown us were from traffic cams. At least in those crash cases that were recorded, they could definitely bust those that were running red lights etc and ended up maiming or killing the others.

Also, the ones in stores that help put bad people in jail...I think in those ways they are helpful.

tericared
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 7:36 PM

As long as they are not inside my home then no problem....

Malapertinent
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Provided it helps to get better grips on crime, have at it.  The closest lit intersection is 45 miles away from me...I'm INDIFFERENT.

WImom2
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 8:18 PM

On the street- fine. In my home, or near my property- yea that would be a cold day in hell. I have nothing to hide, but I also don't want anyone watching me. Not to mention if you did want to be watched 24/7 you could go the reality show route. LOL

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Not a big fan of big brother.  I do not buy into the whole it is for your own safety.  But that is how it all begins.  Soon they will have every inch of your life on tape because it is for your own safety and for the greater good.  You will be getting calls from the health department suggestion new sexual positions that will increase your chances of conceiving becasue thay "heard" you were thinking of trying again.  Okay so i realize that isa major exageration maybe we should not be so quick to accept the it is for the greater good excuse.

sweetie00
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 8:26 PM

how about your home being on google earth?

mamadixon
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 8:28 PM

I don't like any of it.

tericared
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Quoting sweetie00:

I have used this, it has been a while and it wasnt real time. So a picture is alright..

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Quoting sweetie00:

I have used it and it is nothing more than a sattelite picture.  I see it as being different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN