Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Our smalltown has 4 police officers. We have basicly zero crime, outdside of a drunk driving, or maybe not stopping at a stop sign. Otherwise nice and quiet. HOWEVER drive through here and do not belong, you will leave here having a ticket for something. Move here and don't fit in- well I sure hope you didn't want to stay. You will be forced out like the others.

Everyone here knows these things happen. No one cares to change it, the people who would oppose it were forced out long ago. No one speaks openly about it but it happens. I have seen families forced out- which involved officials and even the bank. (small town bank- owns everything here) Usually for reasons I do not agree with. One family moved here from Chicago, bought a big beautiful home, bought a business. To bad they were "Indian". Do you know the people here boycotted their business to the point that they bankrupted these people? These people up and left- their home still empty. SAD They were nice to. Their business was even robbed TWICE. In a place where crime is literally unheard of. EVERYONE knows, no one cared.

If you are different you are out- end of story. I call it small town law. What are you going to do sue? Good luck, around here that would be worse.

My sister had a really bad boyfriend when she was 17, my dad had him arrested for NOTHING. Then before they took this guy away the cop asked my dad if he wanted to "teach him a lesson" first. Of course my dad didn't but OMG. Then the court date rolled around. After lunch with the "prosecutor" and a few winks from the judge this boyfriend was banned from the entire county. Can they really do that? They did here. He returned ONCE, and was promptly arrested. (mind you this guy was not a member of a reputable family here, and obviously my father is "reputable")

So tell me- do you live in a place like this? If so do you like it, agree with it??

I feel safe, I know when the lights go on behind me it is only to chat. I know if someone moves in that is "questionable" that it will be taken care of, and I know any issue I have would be promptly looked after. Yet I feel guilty, I feel bad, and sometimes I wonder how in 2009 things like this still happen.

by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 8:36 PM
Replies (11-15):
Cathy1983km
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 11:31 PM

The town I live in now is not too bad about that stuff, but the town I grew up in is still just like your town. When I was in the 6th grade a black family moved into town, they held a KKK rally on the square and those poor people were forced to leave... it was so sad... It isn't that bad anymore, since there are a few black people living there now, but still. I hate that town and I only go back because my family lives there.

wedding countdown

mrs_khan07
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Quoting Cathy1983km:

The town I live in now is not too bad about that stuff, but the town I grew up in is still just like your town. When I was in the 6th grade a black family moved into town, they held a KKK rally on the square and those poor people were forced to leave... it was so sad... It isn't that bad anymore, since there are a few black people living there now, but still. I hate that town and I only go back because my family lives there.

Wow! I cannot say my town was that bad. They gossiped and talked mean about and/or to people but never held a rally! That is just insane. I am glad to see you made it out of there with common sense and decency!

good

Mrs. Khan

Cathy1983km
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Quoting mrs_khan07:

Quoting Cathy1983km:

Wow! I cannot say my town was that bad. They gossiped and talked mean about and/or to people but never held a rally! That is just insane. I am glad to see you made it out of there with common sense and decency!

good

Thank you :) It's really sad, the entire town is that way! Actually, most of this area of the state is that way, is terrible. Glad I live here where people have a little more sense.

wedding countdown

guitarlove
by Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 11:49 PM

I would HATE to live in a town like that... I hope I never accidentally go through one.

throwing up

Imagine there's no Heaven/ It's easy if you try/ No hell below us / Above us only sky / Imagine all the people/ Living for today

Imagine there's no countries/ It isn't hard to do/ Nothing to kill or die for/ And no religion too / Imagine all the people/ Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one/ I hope someday you'll join us/ And the world will be as one

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jun. 18, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)