Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ACORN

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2009 at 3:49 PM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: Should ACORN be used for collecting Census Data?

Options:

Yes

No

How can a nut collect anything?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

Should ACORN be used for collecting Census Data?

Go to fullsize image

by on Jun. 19, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stefanie1085
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I had to go with #3. Is ACORN a system? Can you provide more info please? 

Pepperlynns
by on Jun. 19, 2009 at 3:53 PM

they possibly cant be no worse than the guy who came to our house in 2000...he made so many mistakes..and even broke the lead on his pencil from being so nervous...ACORN's people are trained to do such a thing..

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken..

I'm a 30 yr old mom to 3 kids 9,7,5 yrs old..Wife to  the greatest man in the world of 11 yrs..SAHM..Not looking or giving advice on how to raise MY/YOUR kids..I'm a smoker,a toker,a social gulper..We live in Texas..Im spiritual,anti-gun,non-organic,swearing,President respecting woman..We make good money and buy American made products..

Happytime
by on Jun. 19, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Quoting Stefanie1085:

I had to go with #3. Is ACORN a system? Can you provide more info please? 

ACORN , the Community Organization group will be running the Census, and the Census is no longer run from the Dept. of Commerce but from the white house.

ACORN is in courts across the country for Voter registration fraud and other law discrepancies.

Go to fullsize image

PamR
by Pam on Jun. 19, 2009 at 4:07 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the voter registration was committed by individuals attempting to get money from ACORN, but not actually doing the work they were supposed to do. So, the fraud was not because the organization itself condoned it, but because some individuals chose to cheat.

A lady came to my door a couple of weeks ago, checking addresses and so forth for the census. She seemed to know what she was doing, very professional.
Pepperlynns
by on Jun. 19, 2009 at 4:08 PM

yes, the organization has good intentions..its the *people* working for them that give them a bad name (not all)..but we know how people can be to make a lousy buck

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken..

I'm a 30 yr old mom to 3 kids 9,7,5 yrs old..Wife to  the greatest man in the world of 11 yrs..SAHM..Not looking or giving advice on how to raise MY/YOUR kids..I'm a smoker,a toker,a social gulper..We live in Texas..Im spiritual,anti-gun,non-organic,swearing,President respecting woman..We make good money and buy American made products..

Happytime
by on Jun. 19, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Quoting Pepperlynns:

yes, the organization has good intentions..its the *people* working for them that give them a bad name (not all)..but we know how people can be to make a lousy buck

and how many people have to be arrested for these violations before it becomes a managment issue?

Go to fullsize image

ctcountrygal
by Member on Jun. 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Absolutely Not.   They are under investigation by many states for voter fraud.  During the campaign they registered made up people, double registered people and were caught on several occasions telling people who to vote for.    In addition there has been several reports and questions about embezzlement and  where the money to this non profit group is going.

Pepperlynns
by on Jun. 19, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Quoting Happytime:

Quoting Pepperlynns:

and how many people have to be arrested for these violations before it becomes a managment issue?

i have no idea...but how long has this happen before people started noticing..now people just see the bad in it, and forgot the purpose..

until we can get back to a society thats not filled with greed or corruption more and more of these will keep popping up

Arianas_mommy09
by Member on Jun. 19, 2009 at 4:28 PM

wow i worked for them when i was 17 and didnt know of all that drama within there group! i just registered people to vote... funny cuz i couldnt register LOL but i was very integrated into the community politics...as for OP's question... idk... LOL

pregnancy week by week
Arianas_mommy09
by Member on Jun. 19, 2009 at 4:29 PM

and i wasnt making money for them... i didnt get anything.

pregnancy week by week
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN