Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell YouTube to stop censorship of videos/ cuss words on video...

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM
  • 11 Replies

In the last 24 hours, we've learned that a dangerous pattern has emerged at YouTube. They have censored not just one, but at least two controversial but important videos that reveal the kind of hardcore racism, Islamophobia and Arab-hatred that exists in our Jewish community both among Americans and Israelis, hatred which must be unearthed in order to be countered.Go here to watch one of the censored videos and to send a message to YouTube demanding they restore them.

http://www.jewishvoiceforpeace.org/

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 21, 2009 at 3:01 PM

You tube pulls everything now that could be offensive due to the FCC regulations. Your fight is with the FCC.

tericared
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 3:18 PM

it amazes me that they pulled it after 400,000 hits....they pull videos from the guy a lot 

tericared
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Quoting stormcris:

You tube pulls everything now that could be offensive due to the FCC regulations. Your fight is with the FCC.

Wow then the FCC needs to go to youtube and yank a crap load more that are a lot worse than this one..

stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 21, 2009 at 3:34 PM

It is done by what is reported.

Quoting tericared:

Quoting stormcris:

Wow then the FCC needs to go to youtube and yank a crap load more that are a lot worse than this one..

tericared
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 3:39 PM

So it was reported to youtube from what I can gather and not the FCC.....

After it was seen by over 400,000 people, YouTube took down Max Blumenthal and Joseph Dana’s video “Feeling the Hate in Jerusalem on Eve of Obama’s Cairo Address” without explanation. They have stonewalled all attempts to find out what happened.

Blumenthal and Dana took a video camera to downtown Jerusalem and asked kids on the street – mainly Americans in Jerusalem over the summer - how they felt about Obama. The answers they heard: mainly hardcore racism enhanced by expletives, homophobia, Islamophobia, Arab hatred, and a lot of ignorance. Youtube also just took down another video of a Palestinian forced to slap himself by the Israeli Border Police. A pattern is emerging. We know this kind of hatred and extremism is a real phenomenon in our Jewish communities. It needs to be unearthed and looked at with the same seriousness we want to see in any community confronting its own extremists. As we seek real peace in the Middle East, the stakes couldn't be higher.

tericared
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 3:41 PM

The second video had been up for a year.

Forty-three seconds: that's the duration of a video clip uploaded to YouTube less than a year ago under the category of "Comedy."
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1094242.html

stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 21, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Just so we are clear I did not say it was reported to the FCC ...but due to the FCC recent reafirmation of restrictions You Tube pulls everything reported that could be offensive.

Quoting tericared:

tericared
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Quoting stormcris:

Just so we are clear I did not say it was reported to the FCC ...but due to the FCC recent reafirmation of restrictions You Tube pulls everything reported that could be offensive.

Quoting tericared:

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but it is odd that videos that show Israelis in a neg light are being pulled.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Some class act douchebags.  Gotta love little miss "I'm a political science major" who proves just how little that means...

Thanks for the link.  Signed.

MrsRStewart
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I watched about 3 seconds of it.  I am not going to listen to people call the President swear words.  It is disrespectful, I don't need that filth going into my mind.  So I don't know what else was on the video.

You-Tube can pull whatever it wants, and it doesn't matter if you like it or not.  They also are under FCC regulations, so sometimes they have to pull things.  Sometimes they don't catch things right away, but when they do, they pull them.

a wedding website

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)