Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Devastating Consequences Of U.S. Airstrikes On Thousands Of Innocent Afghan Citizens

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:05 PM
  • 2 Replies

Brave New Films producer/director Robert Greenwald (with whom we remain proud to be affiliated) writes, "Well-reasoned foreign policy results in more housing and jobs, better health care and education. When that policy consists of applying a military solution to a political problem, however, it results in death, destruction, and suffering. I witnessed the latter during my recent trip to Afghanistan--the devastating consequences of U.S. airstrikes on thousands of innocent civilians." The video Greenwald made, which can be viewed after the jump, is now Part 4 of Rethink Afghanistan. This video will, he says, "piss you off and break your heart." He's right.

Please watch the video below and if you'd like to help, please Digg it, and consider becoming a Peacemaker . You can also help provide aid through The Afghan's Women's Mission to the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan (RAWA), two groups partnered with Brave New Films.

Greenwald also notes, "Earlier this week, the House of Representatives narrowly approved $106 billion in wartime funding, despite an incredible progressive movement that inundated Congress with calls and helped move votes into the "No" column. This bill will escalate military operations in Afghanistan, which is all the more reason why we must help the civilians affected by U.S. airstrikes now, and help our government see the need for a more humanitarian foreign policy."

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Gypsyuma
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:06 PM

That was just devastating to watch..... It is one thing to intellectually know something is going on, in your head..........  but to see it with your own eyes, the dead children, the cold and starvation, it just is devastating.... heartbreaking.

We are not saving Afghanistan or the Afghan people..... we are destroying them.

I have become a peacemaker.  And I urge all other moms to watch the video and do the same. 

tericared
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 4:38 PM

wow That was powerful,,,,this is another reason we are hated in the Middle East, we are creating more enemies...Watching this I couldn't help but think of Gaza, we are doing the same thing to Afghan that Israel is doing to Gaza,, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN