Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

NKorea threatens to harm US if attacked

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:02 AM
  • 22 Replies
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamadixon
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Not even sure what to say to this...it should never have gotten this far.I am really scared for the troops stationed in S.Korea.

norwegianwood
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Nuclear nations are not a 'risk' when the nation is responsible and reliable to apply national standards with regards to protections and considerations of use: i.e. most want them as a 'deterent' TO attacks, not to use them. When in the hands of the likes of this madman? ....VERY SCARY.

P 

Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 22, 2009 at 10:42 AM

I believe NK has become paranoid and crazy.  Are they trying to "wake the giant"?

At the same time, I wonder if this ship and NK's statements aren't some kind of diversion to get the US focusing in one direction while it tries to pull a sleight-of-hand in another direction.

blondekosmic15
I love the Fall. Chill in the air decorated w/ bronze leaves & holidays approaching~
Tuesday at 9:49 PM
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Quoting mamadixon:

Not even sure what to say to this...it should never have gotten this far.I am really scared for the troops stationed in S.Korea.

blondekosmic15
I love the Fall. Chill in the air decorated w/ bronze leaves & holidays approaching~
Tuesday at 9:49 PM
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Kim Jong-Il definitely is a madman! Impossible to reason w/ someone of this caliber! I deeply sympathize w/ the innocent N. Koreans & the neighboring Nations to this unpredictable dictator!

rella8672
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Could be a diversion.Right now the ships are sort of playing chicken.We have no right to board it at this point,but if the Korean ship goes inland for refueling or has to be towed in for fuel,they can be searched by the Port Authority.Hopefully,they will just head back to Korea,where they are out of reach.We have so many ships and intelligence units working all over the world.I am sure they are keeping their eyes peeled.

Quoting Della529:

I believe NK has become paranoid and crazy.  Are they trying to "wake the giant"?

At the same time, I wonder if this ship and NK's statements aren't some kind of diversion to get the US focusing in one direction while it tries to pull a sleight-of-hand in another direction.

iluvmommyhood58
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 11:06 AM
I admit I haven't been following this one EXTREMELY closely but I hear Pres. Obama says "we're prepared".

???!!! We are?

I'm not prepared to be attacked. Did I miss the preparations, or what?! It's a little troubling, I think.
Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 22, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Oh, I'm certain that our surveillance is right on.  I guess I should adjust and say that while we're watching NK, an NK ally could be the one pulling the sleight-of-hand.  So, I hope our intelligence gathering mechanisms are working together and they don't miss something right under their noses.  I don't mean that in a deragatory way, but s**t happens, you know?

Quoting rella8672:

Could be a diversion.Right now the ships are sort of playing chicken.We have no right to board it at this point,but if the Korean ship goes inland for refueling or has to be towed in for fuel,they can be searched by the Port Authority.Hopefully,they will just head back to Korea,where they are out of reach.We have so many ships and intelligence units working all over the world.I am sure they are keeping their eyes peeled.

Quoting Della529:

Happytime
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Remember he wanted to deweaponize space...That he hired John Deutsch to head a board to look at our Definse satelites to see what could be eliminated.

Yeah we are so not ready.

Go to fullsize image

Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 22, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Quoting iluvmommyhood58:

I admit I haven't been following this one EXTREMELY closely but I hear Pres. Obama says "we're prepared".

???!!! We are?

I'm not prepared to be attacked. Did I miss the preparations, or what?! It's a little troubling, I think.

I believe the president is referring to our military.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)