Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beijing cautions US over Iran

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

China

has broken silence on the developing situation in Iran. This comes against the backdrop of a discernible shift in Washington's posturing toward political developments in Iran.

The government-owned China Daily featured its main editorial comment on Thursday titled "For Peace in Iran". It comes amid reports in the Western media that the former president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani is rallying the Qom clergy to put pressure on the Guardians Council - and, in turn, on Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei - to annul last Friday's presidential election that gave Mahmud Ahmadinejad another four-year term.

full story

Thoughts? I honestly don't know what to think about all this. I want us to help the people there but what options do we have, really? I know we don't want to get into it with China.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Happytime
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 5:31 PM
Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jun. 22, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Quoting Happytime:

http://www.petitiononline.com/12June/

Well, I signed it but you are aware that online petitions are meaningless, right?

I was wondering what y'all thought Obama or the US should do.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

MissBearNMonkey
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Yay for armchair activism!

This whole thing reeks to high heaven and I don't like it. Umm...what should we do? We should stay out of it. We should be working on that little North Korean problem no one is talking about, that's what we should be doing.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Happytime:

http://www.petitiononline.com/12June/

Well, I signed it but you are aware that online petitions are meaningless, right?

I was wondering what y'all thought Obama or the US should do.

SPEAK OUT! News & Debate

BRAINY BOOKS! BRAINY BOOKS! BRAINY BOOKS!

stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 22, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Obama needs to take the same position Reagan took with Poland in 1981....look at what that led too....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured