Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Invatation from Michelle

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 2:11 AM
  • 2 Replies
The White House, Washington

Dear Friend,

Last week, I announced United We Serve – a nationwide call to service challenging you and all Americans to volunteer this summer and be part of building a new foundation for America.

And when I say “all,” I mean everyone – young and old, from every background, all across the country. We need individuals, community organizations, corporations, foundations, and our government to be part of this effort.

Today, for the official kick off of United We Serve, members of my administration have fanned out across America to participate in service events and encourage all Americans to join them.

The First Lady is rolling up her sleeves and getting to work too. But before she headed out today, she asked me to share this message with you.

A Message From The First Lady

Our nation faces some of the greatest challenges it has in generations and we know it’s going to take a lot of hard work to get us back on track.

While Michelle and I are calling on every American to participate in United We Serve, the call to service doesn’t end this fall. We need to stay involved in our towns and communities for a long time to come. After all, America’s new foundation will be built one neighborhood at a time – and that starts with you.

Thank you,
President Barack Obama

I recieved this e-mail and thought I would pass along supposed from the White House.

by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cowgirlsr2
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2009 at 2:17 AM

About United We Serve

Imagine our surprise as we wake up to the new White House United We Serve initiative.  Being in the business of serving others for so long, we are excited about this opportunity to share in the wave of service to our communities.  We have accepted the United We Serve Challenge and invite you to as well.  Being in the business of serving others, this is a natural for our organization.
Dedicated to serving the needs of our Military, their families and our communities, we are issuing a challenge of our own. 

Mow a yard of a service member deployed, wash a car, offer to babysit for a Military mom that needs a few hours of peace, buy a cup of coffee, stop and that a Service Member for their service, take time to listen. 

Join us here in Texas to offer our Service Members weekend retreats where they can experience rest, healing and the opportunity to form new Battle Buddy relationships.  Help us come along side them in their time of hardship and need.  Opportunities are available for volunteers, sponsorships for families and help to keep the facility running for them. 

Commit a Random Act of Kindness, for a Service Member or Family or a member of your own neighborhood or community today.  Let us know about it, through a note, email or on our United We Serve facebook discussion page.  We'll post it and encourage others through your generosity and service.  Share a picture if you'd like.  Help us create a wave of service momentum that is unprecedented.

Won't you join us today and make a difference?  Every act of kindness changes a life for the better.

The only nice thing they have done that I have heard of for some of the military or any large group of Americans and what better group!!!

blondekosmic15
I love the Fall. Chill in the air decorated w/ bronze leaves & holidays approaching~
Yesterday at 9:49 PM
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 2:53 AM

Quoting cowgirlsr2:

About United We Serve

Imagine our surprise as we wake up to the new White House United We Serve initiative.  Being in the business of serving others for so long, we are excited about this opportunity to share in the wave of service to our communities.  We have accepted the United We Serve Challenge and invite you to as well.  Being in the business of serving others, this is a natural for our organization.
Dedicated to serving the needs of our Military, their families and our communities, we are issuing a challenge of our own. 

Mow a yard of a service member deployed, wash a car, offer to babysit for a Military mom that needs a few hours of peace, buy a cup of coffee, stop and that a Service Member for their service, take time to listen. 

Join us here in Texas to offer our Service Members weekend retreats where they can experience rest, healing and the opportunity to form new Battle Buddy relationships.  Help us come along side them in their time of hardship and need.  Opportunities are available for volunteers, sponsorships for families and help to keep the facility running for them. 

Commit a Random Act of Kindness, for a Service Member or Family or a member of your own neighborhood or community today.  Let us know about it, through a note, email or on our United We Serve facebook discussion page.  We'll post it and encourage others through your generosity and service.  Share a picture if you'd like.  Help us create a wave of service momentum that is unprecedented.

Won't you join us today and make a difference?  Every act of kindness changes a life for the better.

The only nice thing they have done that I have heard of for some of the military or any large group of Americans and what better group!!!

My sentiments also...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)